The year is coming to a close. Soon 2017 will be a part of the past. I love the refreshing feeling that comes with the New Year. While I do not set resolutions each year, I do examine my goals.
I look at the goals I set for the prior year. I often make progress on the goals, but since they are not always short-term, the goal carries on into the new year.
Sticking with a healthy lifestyle is a life-long goal for me. This goal will always cross over year to year. I love being able to say that.
In preparation for the new year, I created a list of some of my favorite low-carb dishes. These dishes are perfect for those of us who need a break from the indulgence that comes with the holiday season.
The holidays are my FAVORITE time of year. However, by New Years Day, I am usually burned out on eating! This is strange to say….being the foodie that I am. But, it does happen every year.
These lettuce wraps are one of my favorites! They are also perfect for meal prep. I store the steak and veggies in Tupperware. I place the lettuce in Ziploc bags. This way, I can warm the meat and veggies separate from the lettuce and create wraps each day. Get the recipe here.
This dish is perfect to substitute pasta noodles for yummy veggies! It is super quick and easy to make. For a paleo option, omit the cheese from the recipe. Get the recipe here.
I couldn’t resist sneaking in a couple of breakfast recipes in this post! These muffins make the perfect breakfast recipe or snack! The combination of lemon and blueberry is so amazing! It helps distract from the common thick protein taste. Use paleo friendly protein for a paleo version. Get the recipe here.
This recipe is not paleo-friendly, but is certainly low-carb! I love stuffed chicken! It truly helps dress up a boring chicken recipe. Get the recipe here.
Here is another pasta replacement meal. This version is not paleo-friendly, but yes you guessed it! It is very low in carbs. Get the recipe here.
Here is a breakfast dish that is a healthy keto, dairy-free, recipe that is quick to make using coconut flour and vegan butter.
Here is a quick and easy 30-minute dish that is perfect for meal prep.
Click here for the recipe.
Sheet Pan Chicken and Sweet Potatoes
Quick and easy sheet pan dinner with savory chicken, sweet potatoes with olive oil and cinnamon, and brussels sprouts.
These egg bites are the perfect quick and easy meal-prep breakfast! For advanced meal prep, I place two egg bites in a Ziploc bag. I then take all of the bags with me to work on Monday morning. Breakfast for the week….EASY! Get the recipe here.
Let this 21 Day Summer Meal Plan do all of the heavy lifting for you! It includes: Recipes: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and Snacks, Grocery List (itemized and weekly), Ice Cream Recipes, Keto Cocktails, What to Order at Fast Food Restaurants, Low Carb Keto Lifestyle Background, how ketosis works, and how to stay in ketosis, Low Carb Dining Out Guide (what to order), and a Low Carb Travel Guide (how to travel and stay low carb).
Check out this deal for heritage breed bacon and pork, free-range organic chicken, and 100% grass-fed beef! I have partnered with Butcher Box to deliver exclusive deals for my audience. All of the meat from Butcher Box is certified-free from antibiotics and hormones. It’s also uncured and free of added sugar and nitrates (nitrates are linked to cancer and a huge NO, NO) most importantly it has been taste tested by me, and passes with flying colors!
Here is the kicker, you will receive FREE bacon with every Butcher Box delivery. Yup, that’s right, get FREE bacon, $10 off, and free shipping for all of 2018 when you order your first ButcherBox today! Click here to sign up and get hormone free meat delivered right to your doorstep!
6 Delicious, Quick and Easy Low-Carb Paleo Recipes For Dinner
- 6-8 oz of steak sirloin or New York strip
- Romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup red onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1/2 medium green pepper sliced into thin pieces
- 1/2 medium red pepper sliced into thin pieces
- 1/4 medium orange pepper sliced into thin pieces
- 1/4 medium yellow pepper sliced into thin pieces
- 2 tablespoons of Sriracha
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry unsweetened Cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons McCormick’s Grill Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons McCormick’s Grill Mates BBQ Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Wash and trim the fat from the steak. Pat dry.
- Pour ½ tablespoon of soy sauce on each side of the steak (1 tablespoon total).
- Combine the seasonings in a bowl.
- Sprinkle the seasonings on both sides of the steak. Place the steak in a Ziploc bag.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon of soy sauce to the Ziploc bag. Seal the bag, removing all air.
- Pat the outside of the bag to ensure added soy sauce saturates the meat.
- Place in fridge to marinate 4-6 hours.
- Grill steak to preferred doneness (i.e. medium).
- OPTIONAL: To ensure a tender, juicy steak, melt 1 tablespoon of grass-fed butter in the microwave for 30 seconds and stir. After the steak has reached the desired doneness, using a cooking brush, brush the butter onto both sides of the steak while it’s on the grill.
- Remove the steak from the grill and allow it to cool for 5 minutes.
- Place the steak horizontally on a cutting board, and slice steak into pieces.
- Chop red onion, garlic, and peppers.
- Spray a pan with cooking oil and add the veggies on medium heat. Allow to cook until garlic becomes fragrant. Add the Sriracha and allow it to cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 2 minutes. Use your judgment here. If you add the steak too soon it will continue to cook the steak.
- Add the steak slices and stir to combine all of the ingredients.
- Spoon the mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf.