Keto Low Carb Chinese Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry (Paleo + Dairy-Free) is a quick and easy, healthy recipe that will illustrate how to make low carb Chinese food, beef and broccoli, and steak stir fry sauce. This recipe ditches the carbs and is made with sirloin steak, ginger, sesame oil, aminos, and paired with fried cauliflower rice.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS AND COMPREHENSIVE INSTRUCTIONS, PLEASE SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END OF THIS POST. BEFORE YOU SCROLL, THERE’S IMPORTANT INFORMATION IN THIS BLOG POST.
The Keto Essential Cookbook is available NOW for FREE! For a hard copy, you only pay the shipping and handling. Get over 100+ scrumptious recipes with net carb, fat, protein, and calorie count for every recipe. Click here to purchase yours today!
How to Make Low Carb Stir Fry
I first like to marinate the steak. Marinating beforehand will give the steak so much flavor. You can use whatever cut of steak you like for this recipe, sirloin, skirt, etc. Pro tip, if you want to save time slicing the steak, purchase sirloin tips.
- Steam the broccoli in advance. You will want the broccoli to have the perfect texture. If you throw it in at the end, it will have stiff edges as opposed to soft.
- Combine the stir fry sauce ingredients.
- Cook the marinated steak until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Use a meat thermometer.
- Add in the stir fry sauce and broccoli.
- Remove the beef and broccoli and add the riced cauliflower. Cook until it becomes soft.
Broccoli is a great vegetable for keto. One cup of broccoli has about 3.5 net carbs. 3 cups of broccoli are used in this recipe, that is divided among 4 servings.
Is Soy Sauce Keto Friendly?
If you are strict keto or following a keto lifestyle for inflammation, soy sauce may not work well. Some soy sauce brands contain histamine, which can cause inflammation.
From a net carbs, perspective, soy sauce will fit within keto macros. The decision to use it or substitute for liquid aminos is a personal decision.
Soy sauce is made from fermenting a grain, often wheat, with soybeans, water and salt. Liquid aminos are not fermented so they contain no alcohol and they are gluten-free.
You can read more about The Difference Between Soy Sauce and Liquid Aminos here.
Be sure to check out my Cauliflower Fried Rice with Chicken recipe.
You may also enjoy my Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole recipe.
Keto Low Carb Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry (Paleo + Dairy-Free)
- 1 pound steak (sirloin or skirt) Pro tip, if you want to save time slicing the steak, purchase sirloin tips.
- 1 teaspoon coconut aminos (strict keto) or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon McCormick’s Grill Mates Steak Rub
- salt and pepper to taste
Stir Fry Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Better Than Bouillon Beef Base I prefer the flavor of Better Than Bouillon. You can also use 1/3 cup of beef broth and omit the 1/3 cup of water below.
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 2 teaspoon coconut aminos (strict keto) or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon zero-calorie brown sweetener I used Swerve
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger I used Trader Joe’s ginger paste, you can use fresh or dried
- 2 garlic cloves, minced I used fresh
- 3 cups fresh broccoli, chopped You can also use frozen, steamable broccoli.
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter (omit if paleo)
- 2 1/2 cups riced cauliflower I used frozen
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
- crushed red pepper flakes (also for spicy)
- sesame seeds
- Slice the steak into thin strips.
- Season the steak with all of the marinade ingredients. Marinate in the fridge for at least an hour to overnight. The longer you marinate the steak, the more flavor it will have.
Steam the Broccoli
- While the steak marinates, boil an inch of water in a saucepan on high heat.
- Add the chopped broccoli to the saucepan. Reduce heat to medium and cover the pan. Cook for 5-6 minutes until the broccoli is tender.
Stir Fry Sauce
- Add the hot water to a medium bowl. Add the Better than Bouillon Beef base to the hot water. Allow it to sit for 1 minute and then stir.
- Add the liquid aminos (or soy sauce), brown sugar, sesame oil, garlic, and ginger to the bowl. Stir.
Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
- Heat the butter in a wok or skillet on medium-high heat. When the butter melts, add the marinated, sliced steak.
- Cook the steak, flipping it for 4-5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Add in the stir fry sauce and steamed broccoli. Stir and ensure the steak and broccoli are fully coated in sauce. Cook until the steak reaches an internal temperature of at least 145 degrees.
- Remove the beef and broccoli from the wok or skillet. Add the riced cauliflower to the skillet. Cook for 3-4 minutes until soft.
- Remove the riced cauliflower and serve it alongside the beef and broccoli.