Keto Low-Carb Philly Cheese Steak Casserole is a quick and easy steak dinner recipe with sirloin steak, cream cheese, green bell peppers, and mushrooms. This is the best steak marinade recipe and you can also use flank steak if you wish. If you are looking for sides to pair with your steak, going the casserole route is perfect! You get everything in one meal prep friendly dish.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
I am a much happier camper if I have my meals prepped for the week in advance. Casseroles make that really easy to do! Simply store this casserole in airtight containers and reheat throughout the week.
Is Steak Good for Keto?
Steak is perfect for keto because it is essentially carb-free! I recommend using grass-fed steaks because grass-fed has a better nutritional impact.
Is Bell Pepper Keto-Friendly?
Half a bell pepper has 3 net grams of carbs. For this recipe, that value is divided among 6 servings.
How Do You Make Garlic Butter Steak?
This Garlic Butter Steak from Taste of Home is amazing.
How Do You Make a Juicy Steak?
The key to a juicy steak is a good marinade and flavorful liquid! Check out my Marinated Steak recipe here.
Is Hummus Good for Keto?
I wouldn’t recommend hummus for ketogenic lifestyles. Avocado will work much better and has macros perfect for keto.
Is This Philly Cheesesteak Casserole Recipe Freezer Friendly?
Yes. I recommend that you remove it from the freezer the night before you plan to eat it. Store it in the fridge overnight so that it defrosts naturally before you reheat.
Keto Low-Carb Philly Cheese Steak Casserole
- 1 1/2 pounds Butcher Box sirloin steak sliced into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon Steak Seasoning I like McCormick’s Montreal Steak Seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup sliced green peppers
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan reggiano cheese
- 4-5 slices provolone cheese sliced into small pieces
- Watch the video above for step by step instructions.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the Butcher Box steak to a skillet on medium-high heat. Season the steak with steak seasoning, salt, and pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes, flipping both sides of the steak.
- Add the green peppers, onion, garlic, and mushroom to the skillet. Cook until the vegetables are soft and the meat is no longer pink.
- If there is any excess fat in the skillet, drain it. This step is important. If there is excess liquid it will cause the casserole to have a soupy residue underneath.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce and cream cheese. Cook until the cream cheese has melted.
- Remove the skillet from heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, shredded parmesan reggiano cheese, and heavy cream.
- Spray an 8 x 11 or 9×9 baking dish (I used 8 x11) with oil or cooking spray. Pour the steak mixture into the dish.
- Drizzle the liquid egg and cheese mixture on top. Top with the provolone cheese slices.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese begins to bubble. Mine was ready around 18.
- Cool before serving.