Keto Low-Carb Philly Cheese Steak Casserole is a quick and easy steak dinner recipe with sirloin steak, cream cheese, green bell peppers, and mushrooms. This is the best steak marinade recipe and you can also use flank steak if you wish. If you are looking for sides to pair with your steak, going the casserole route is perfect! You get everything in one meal prep friendly dish.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS AND COMPREHENSIVE INSTRUCTIONS, PLEASE SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END OF THIS POST. BEFORE YOU SCROLL, THERE’S IMPORTANT INFORMATION IN THIS BLOG POST.
Let this 21 Day Summer Meal Plan do all of the heavy lifting for you! It includes: Recipes: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and Snacks, Grocery List (itemized and weekly), Ice Cream Recipes, Keto Cocktails, What to Order at Fast Food Restaurants, Low Carb Keto Lifestyle Background, how ketosis works, and how to stay in ketosis, Low Carb Dining Out Guide (what to order), and a Low Carb Travel Guide (how to travel and stay low carb).
Calories: 387 Fat: 24G Net Carbs: 5G Protein: 36G
Macros are provided as a courtesy and calculated using MyFitnessPal. Calculate your specific macros using the exact brand ingredients you use and the macros calculator of your choice.
I am a much happier camper if I have my meals prepped for the week in advance. Casseroles make that really easy to do! Simply store this casserole in airtight containers and reheat throughout the week.
Is Steak Good for Keto?
Steak is perfect for keto because it is essentially carb-free! I recommend using grass-fed steaks because grass-fed has a better nutritional impact.
Is Bell Pepper Keto-Friendly?
Half a bell pepper has 3 net grams of carbs. For this recipe, that value is divided among 6 servings.
How Do You Make Garlic Butter Steak?
This Garlic Butter Steak from Taste of Home is amazing.
How Do You Make a Juicy Steak?
The key to a juicy steak is a good marinade and flavorful liquid! Check out my Marinated Steak recipe here.
Is Hummus Good for Keto?
I wouldn’t recommend hummus for ketogenic lifestyles. Avocado will work much better and has macros perfect for keto.
Is This Philly Cheesesteak Casserole Recipe Freezer Friendly?
Yes. I recommend that you remove it from the freezer the night before you plan to eat it. Store it in the fridge overnight so that it defrosts naturally before you reheat.
The Cure For the Keto Flu is Bone Broth and MCT Oil
The keto lifestyle can sometimes cause me to get dizzy and have brain fog. It can be really hard to focus. Each night before bed I like to drink bone broth. Kettle and Fire is my favorite brand. Click here to use my discount on bone broth.
I use Butcher Box sirloin steak in this recipe because it is 100% grass-fed beef. Grass-fed beef is much leaner and has less total fat. It also has more conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), which is linked to reductions in heart disease and cancer.
I love the convenience of using Butcher Box’s subscription service. They don’t just provide beef. They also provide heritage breed pork, uncured nitrate-free bacon, free-range organic chicken, and 100% grass-fed steak!
Here is the kicker, you will receive $25 off your order and FREE bacon with your Butcher Box delivery. Click here to sign up and get hormone free meat delivered right to your doorstep!
You may also enjoy my Keto Cheeseburger Casserole and Bacon Egg Spinach Breakfast Casserole recipes.
WATCH THE VIDEO!Get your FREE printable Keto Grocery Shopping list here.
Keto Low-Carb Philly Cheese Steak Casserole
- 1 1/2 pounds Butcher Box sirloin steak sliced into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon Steak Seasoning I like McCormick's Montreal Steak Seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup sliced green peppers
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan reggiano cheese
- 4-5 slices provolone cheese sliced into small pieces
- Watch the video above for step by step instructions.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the Butcher Box steak to a skillet on medium-high heat. Season the steak with steak seasoning, salt, and pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes, flipping both sides of the steak.
- Add the green peppers, onion, garlic, and mushroom to the skillet. Cook until the vegetables are soft and the meat is no longer pink.
- If there is any excess fat in the skillet, drain it. This step is important. If there is excess liquid it will cause the casserole to have a soupy residue underneath.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce and cream cheese. Cook until the cream cheese has melted.
- Remove the skillet from heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, shredded parmesan reggiano cheese, and heavy cream.
- Spray an 8 x 11 or 9x9 baking dish (I used 8 x11) with oil or cooking spray. Pour the steak mixture into the dish.
- Drizzle the liquid egg and cheese mixture on top. Top with the provolone cheese slices.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese begins to bubble. Mine was ready around 18.
- Cool before serving.