This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS AND COMPREHENSIVE INSTRUCTIONS, PLEASE SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END OF THIS POST. BEFORE YOU SCROLL, THERE’S IMPORTANT INFORMATION IN THIS BLOG POST.
This low-carb bacon, egg, and spinach breakfast casserole has rescued my mundane breakfast! For several months now, I have been eating the same breakfast every day. Peanut butter toast on whole wheat bread, topped with honey is my favorite quick and easy breakfast. I love it, but I need to switch it up! I also wanted to cut back on carbs this week!
This casserole is easy to make. The key word here is LAYERS. Create the first layer by adding sauteed veggies to the bottom a baking dish.
Next, add frozen spinach.
Drizzle an egg mixture throughout.
Sprinkle cooked, crumbled bacon and shredded cheese over the top. Bake for 35 minutes.
I love casseroles! I really should make them more often. I love to combine a bunch of ingredients that pair well together, and then throw the dish in the oven and get back to life until it is finished baking. Casseroles are also a great way to sneak in nutritious veggies and high protein foods. A casserole will save you from having to prepare multiple side dishes for one meal.
Check out more Low Carb Breakfast Casseroles here with 10 Egg Casseroles You Can Make For Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner.
Or if you are just looking for breakfast only, you can check out the Low Carb Breakfast Casseroles here with 39 Low Carb Breakfasts You Actually Want to Eat.
Pin Me! 🙂
More Low Carb Recipes
Low-Carb Bacon Mushroom Chicken With Cream Sauce
Low Carb Buffalo Chicken Dip
Low Carb Bacon Chicken Jalapeno Poppers
Low Carb Banana Nut Bread
20 Minute Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas
Spaghetti Squash Chicken Alfredo
Crab Stuffed Salmon
Cilantro Lime Chicken
Bruschetta Stuffed Grilled Chicken
Low-Carb Steak Lettuce Wraps
Shrimp Scampi Zucchini Noodles
Click here for a complete listing of Keto Low-Carb Recipes.
Keto Low-Carb Bacon, Egg, and Spinach Breakfast Casserole
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups egg whites You can use 6-7 eggs (in addition to the ones noted above) if you don't want to use egg whites.
- 2-3 cups frozen spinach Thawed and drained. Thaw the spinach and drain the excess water.
- 6 slices bacon Cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped red onions
- 1/2 cup chopped green peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped red peppers
- 1 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place a skillet on medium-high heat. Add the chopped veggies (excluding the spinach) to the pan. Sautee for a few minutes until the veggies are soft.
- Add the veggies to the bottom of the baking dish. Spread the veggies throughout the dish.
- Add another layer, add the spinach.
- Whisk the egg whites and eggs in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the veggies.
- Create an additional layer by adding the crumbled bacon and shredded cheese.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Allow to cool before serving.
- You can use any type of shredded cheese you like.
- You can use fresh spinach if you like.
- Store leftovers in the fridge tightly covered for 3-4 days.
- This dish can be frozen tightly sealed and covered for up to 3 months.
- You can add the mixture to a muffin tin to make muffins.