Easy Keto Low-Carb Fathead Cinnamon Rolls with Icing is a quick, gluten-free recipe that uses almond flour, mozzarella, and cream cheese to produce gooey buns with sugar-free glaze. These rolls are wonderful for breakfast or dessert! You can even go for a cream cheese frosting instead of icing.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
This post was originally published in September 2018. It has since been updated.
I am a picky dessert eater. I always have been. I never crave milk chocolate or other rich desserts. But, cinnamon rolls…..cinnamon rolls, I like!
One classic cinnamon roll from Cinnabon has 880 calories and 127 grams of carbs! WOW. This recipe is made from scratch saves you 124 grams of carbs.
How to Make Keto Cinnamon Rolls?
I used the exact same fathead dough recipe that I prepared for my Keto Bacon Chicken Alfredo Pizza. Be sure to check out that recipe!
- Combine the mozzarella and cream cheese. Place in the microwave.
- Add the almond flour and egg.
- Roll out the crust. If you want rolls with a few extra layers roll out the crust a little longer than 12 inches.
- Add butter, sweetener, and cinnamon.
- Create one giant roll up and cut up the dough. Watch the video for step by step visual instruction.
- Bake and then top with icing.
How Many Carbs
Each cinnamon roll has 3 net carbs.
What Sweetener to Use
Cream Cheese Frosting
If you prefer frosting to icing, combine 4 tablespoons of cream cheese, 1 tablespoon of heavy whipping cream, and 1 tablespoon of powdered Confectioner’s Sweetener.
Can You Use Coconut Flour?
You should not replace all of the almond flour with coconut flour for this recipe. Coconut and almond flour absorb liquid VERY differently. If you feel your crust is too moist, you can try adding a tablespoon of coconut flour to dry it out some. I didn’t need to do this during my recipe testing.
How to Store the Rolls
Store the rolls covered in an airtight container or bags in the fridge for up to 4 days.
The cinnamon rolls can be stored in the freezer for up to 4 months in an air-tight container or sealable bags.
More Keto Recipes
Keto Low-Carb Breakfast Ideas
Click here for a complete listing of Keto Low-Carb Recipes.
Easy Keto Low-Carb Fathead Cinnamon Rolls with Icing
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup confectioners sweetener (Use discount code STAYSNATCHED to save 15%)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the mozzarella and cream cheese to a large bowl. Place in the microwave for 60 seconds.
- Remove the mixture from the microwave. Stir in the almond flour. The mixture may become really thick and difficult to stir. If so, place the bowl back in the microwave for another 30 seconds.
- Remove from the microwave and stir. Add in the egg. Stir until the mixture forms crust.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on a flat working surface.
- Spoon the dough onto the parchment paper. Place another sheet of parchment paper over the dough to help roll out and flatten the dough. I used a rolling pin over the parchment paper.
- Roll out the dough until it is about 1/4 inch thick. The length of my dough was 12 inches. You can make it longer if you would like rolls with more layers.
- Spread melted butter over the dough using a cooking brush. Sprinkle the cinnamon and sweetener throughout.
- Roll the bottom of the dough up once to begin to form a cylinder. Then use the bottom layer parchment paper to continue to roll the dough up to form one large roll.
- Slice the dough into equal sized 6 pieces.
- Bake the rolls on a silicone baking mat and the cookie sheet or sheet pan for 10-15 minutes until golden brown. Mine were ready at 15 minutes.
- Remove the rolls from the oven and allow them to cool completely.
- Mix the confectioner's sweetener and unsweetened almond milk until icing forms. Top the rolls with icing. Double the servings if you want more icing.