Easy Keto Low-Carb Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Fat Bombs is a quick no-bake dessert recipe made with cream cheese, coconut oil, and vanilla. Feel free to add lemon or strawberry if you wish. These are the best tasting snack balls that are great for meal prep and sure to keep you in ketosis.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This post was originally shared on May 12, 2018. It has since been updated.
FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS AND COMPREHENSIVE INSTRUCTIONS, PLEASE SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END OF THIS POST. BEFORE YOU SCROLL, THERE’S IMPORTANT INFORMATION IN THIS BLOG POST.
What Are Fat Bombs?
Fat bombs usually combine things like coconut oil, nuts, butter, seeds, etc. Fat bombs are widely used by people that are following a keto diet. Keto diets are high in fat, very low in carbs, and usually, contain moderate protein. Energy is provided through fat that is consumed, thus the idea of a fat bomb. Once the body is in ketosis, it will begin to burn fat instead of carbohydrates.
If you have ever heard of Bulletproof Coffee, it may be easier to understand the purpose fat bombs. Bulletproof coffee is made with butter, often grass fed. There are claims that the balance of healthy fat helps support energy. Fat bombs are a tasty way to consume these healthy fats, quickly.
How to Make Keto Cheesecake Fat Bombs
- Combine cream cheese, melted butter, coconut oil, sweetener, and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Mix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Line a muffin tin with liners.
- Add the batter and freeze until hard.
How Many Fat Bombs Can You Have on Keto?
This will depend on your keto macros. If you are a calorie counter, you will have to take that into account. The great thing about these fat bombs is they don’t have much protein. Too much protein consumption can knock you out of ketosis. You should also be careful that you aren’t eating too much fat, so don’t binge on multiple bombs daily.
Do Fat Bombs Help You Lose Weight?
They can if you are really following strict keto macros. Keto is a low-carb diet that focuses on high-fat and moderate protein consumption. The purpose of Keto is to switch the body’s primary fuel source from glucose and carbs to fat and ketones, which places the body in ketosis. These fat bombs will help boost your fat consumption.
Is Cream Cheese Keto Friendly?
Cream cheese is a low carb food and perfect for keto. So naturally, I wanted to create a dessert recipe using it! I
What Sweetener Do You Use for Cheesecake Fat Bombs?
I have absolutely fallen in love with Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener! What I love most about is that is measures cup for cup like regular sugar. You do not have to convert the amount of sugar used for each recipe.
Cheesecake and peanut butter cookies are my FAVORITE desserts. For me they are unmatched. I believe I am partial to these because they aren’t overly rich and decadent. They pack the perfect amount of flavor.
I have also cooked with Granulated Sugar. If you don’t have confectioners on hand you can blend the granulated version in a blender for about 30 seconds. This will create powdered sugar. You want the sugar to be powdered in this recipe. Otherwise, you will be able to taste the granules when you eat the fat bombs!
The main ingredient in Swerve and Lakanto (monkfruit) is erythritol. Erythritol is great for lightened-up desserts because it has a zero glycemic index. This means that it does not affect blood sugar or insulin levels. Insulin increases the storage of fat in fat cells.
How Long Will Cheesecake Fat Bombs Keep?
These bites are so meal prep friendly. Add them to Ziploc bags and freeze for future use.
Pin this recipe for later here.
More Keto Dessert Recipes
Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
Keto Peanut Butter Cookies
Keto Avocado Brownies
Keto Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Fat Bombs
Keto Pumpkin Spice Fat Bombs
Keto Pound Cake
Keto Lemon Bars
Keto Mint Chocolate Ice Cream
Keto Low-Carb Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Fat Bombs
- 4 oz cream cheese softened at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil does not have to be melted
- 2 tablespoons sweetener (Use discount code STAYSNATCHED to save 15%)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips I used Lily’s sweetened with stevia
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add the cream cheese, melted butter, coconut oil, sweetener, and vanilla extract to a mixing bowl.
- Using a hand mixer or standing mixer, mix for a couple of minutes until smooth.
- Fold in the chocolate chips. You can retain a few to add as a topping to each bomb if you wish.
- You can either line a mini cupcake pan with cupcake liners or go without liners.
- Spoon the mixture into the cupcake/muffin tin. The ingredients above will make 12 small fat bombs. Double the ingredients for 24 fat bombs.
- Smooth the top of each bomb with a spoon or knife.
- Freeze for 30 minutes. (I noticed the bombs had hardened around 30 minutes. I have also done 2 hours.)
- Remove from the tray and serve!