Easy Keto Low Carb Marinara Sauce is a quick, sugar free recipe that uses crushed tomatoes and herbs to create the best sauce to use for pasta, spaghetti, pizza, or zoodles! You can add in red pepper if you wish!
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
When it comes to healthy and keto-friendly recipes, store bought sauces usually aren’t your friend. Everyone wants to know can you eat tomato sauce and marina on a keto diet?
Yes, if you stick to a sauce that has no sugar, or doesn’t have added sugar.
Carbs are in Tomatoes
A whole tomato (about 2 2/5′) has 3.5 grams of total carbs, 2.5 grams of which are sugar. Tomatoes spread among multiple servings will work well for daily keto macros. You can read more about Tomato Nutrition Facts and Carbs here.
How to Make Keto Marinara Sauce
- Saute onions in a pot with olive oil and garlic until translucent.
- Add in crushed tomatoes, spices, and dry, white wine.
- Cover the pot and lower the heat. Simmer for 20-25 minutes.
How to Make Sweet Marinara Sauce Recipe
Sometimes I like to sweeten my marinara. You can start with a teaspoon of granulated monkfruit sweetener. Use discount code STAYSNATCHED for savings.
Keto Marinara Brands
What marinara sauce is keto friendly? If I am going to use store-bought sauce, I like to use Raos. It can be a little pricey vs making your own. It has no added sugar and does taste good. Of course, it isn’t as delicious as this recipe!
If you want to go with another brand, always read the nutrition label. Pay attention to ingredients, carbs, and sugar on the label.
How Many Carbs are in Marinara Sauce
This recipe has 5 net carbs per serving. You can save some carbs by omitting the dry, white wine in the recipe.
More Keto Marinara Recipes
Popular Keto Recipes
Easy Keto Low-Carb Marinara Sauce
- In a large saucepan or Dutch Oven heat olive oil, onions, and garlic. Cook until the onions are translucent and fragrant.
- Add tomatoes, Italian seasoning, oregano, basil, salt, pepper and wine. Top with the bay leaf.
- Cook for 20 minutes on low.
- Open and remove the bay leaf before serving.