These Easy Keto Low-Carb Peanut Butter Cookies are made with only 4 ingredients. This is the best sugar-free dessert recipe with only 1 gram of net carbs per cookie.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
This post was originally posted in May 2018. It has since been updated.
Here’s another healthy dessert recipe! Peanut butter cookies are my favorite cookie! Years ago, I was obsessed with the Peanut Butter Dream cookie from Panera. They got rid of and I have been secretly waiting for it to surface again.
It hasn’t and maybe that means I should come up with my own recipe. One that is easy on the waistline!
What Type of Sweetener to Use
I use granular organic monkfruit. It has zero calories and zero net carbs and won’t spike your blood sugar. It also measures 1:1 like refined sugar, which makes it easy to convert a lot of recipes. You can find it here and use Discount Code STAYSNATCHED to save.
It does also contain erythritol. Erythritol is naturally found in some fruits and vegetables, and even some fermented food. Your body processes it a lot differently than other sugar alcohols. Bottom line, it’s a lot less gassy.
If you choose to use a zero-calorie sweetener other than this, like stevia, you will have to convert this serving into a much smaller allotment.
Is Peanut Butter Keto?
I see this asked often. Natural peanut butter is very low in carbs and it’s high in fat which could make it great for the keto diet. Peanut butter can sometimes lead to inflammation.
So those who are using keto for anti-inflammatory reasons may wish to omit peanut butter from their diet. Almond butter is a suitable substitute.
How to Make Keto Peanut Butter Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine natural peanut butter, sweetener, egg, and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Mix.
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat.
- Create balls using the cookie dough. Flatten each ball with a fork in a crisscross motion.
- Cook the cookies prior to serving.
How Long to Bake and How to Tell They are Done
The cookies will need 12-15 minutes to bake. Keep a watchful eye as oven temperatures vary highly based on altitude and other factors.
Allow the cookies to cool for 1-2 minutes on the cookie sheet before removing. The cookies will need to firm up BEFORE you handle them. If you handle them too soon they will crumble. Use your judgment on timing if 1-2 minutes does not appear to be enough.
How to Store Them/How Long Are They Good For?
I like to store the cookies in sealable plastic bags for up to a week. The cookies will get softer as time goes on, so keep that in mind.
You can freeze these (tightly sealed) for up to 6 months.
I added to Monkfruit Chocolate Chips to the recipe and the cookies were amazing!
These chocolate chips are keto-friendly and sweetened with monkfruit. 60 chocolate chips is equal to 1 gram net carbs. Great macros!
Simply fold in the chocolate chips right before you mold the cookie dough into balls.
Pin this recipe for later here.
More Keto Dessert Recipes
Keto Cookie Recipes
Keto Low Carb Sugar Cookies
Keto Low Carb Ginger Snaps
Keto Low Carb Chocolate Chip Cookies
Keto Low Carb Pumpkin Cookies
Keto Double Chocolate Cookies
Keto Low Carb Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
Keto Low-Carb Lemon Cookies
Easy Keto Low-Carb Peanut Butter Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the ingredients in a large bowl. Stir to mix well.
- Make 12-15 balls using the cookie dough. (If you prefer really flat cookies you should aim for 15. Slightly thicker cookies will result in about 12 cookies). An ice cream scoop works well, so does rolling the balls in your hands.
- Line a cookie sheet with silicone baking mats. You can also use parchment paper. Place the cookie dough on the cookie sheet. Make sure the cookies do not touch.
- Use a fork and press down on each ball of cookie dough. Create crisscross imprints in the cookie dough to flatten the balls.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until the cookies are golden brown. Mine were ready around 13 minutes.
- Remove the cookie sheet from the oven. Allow the cookies to cool for 1-2 minutes on the cookie sheet before removing. The cookies will need to firm up BEFORE you handle them. If you handle them too soon they will crumble. Use your judgment on timing if 1-2 minutes does not appear to be enough.
- After 1-2 minutes place the cookies on a cooling rack to fully cool.