This Easy, Keto Low-Carb Chocolate Mousse Recipe is a quick, grown up fluffy pudding. This no bake dessert fluff is made with heavy cream, chocolate chips and with no eggs.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Looking for the perfect sugar-free recipe that requires no hassle? This fluffy treat is a wonderful cure for chocolate cravings.
What is Mousse?
What’s the difference between mousse and pudding? Mousse is light and fluffy. The texture comes from whipping air into the mixture. It can be served sweet or savory.
Pudding is usually made from milk and sugar and thickened with cornstarch.
You can read more about the Differences Between Mousse and Pudding here.
How to Make Keto Chocolate Mousse
- Melt heavy cream and chocolate chips in a mixing bowl.
- Stir the mixture and chill for 10 minutes.
- Add in additional cream, vanilla, and powdered sweetener.
- Mix until stiff peaks form and the mixture is fluffy.
How to Make Stiff Peaks in Whipping Cream
When working with whipping cream and with many desserts, you will see instructions to beat the cream until soft, medium, or stiff peaks form. In this recipe you will beat the mixture until stiff peaks form.
Stiff peaks stand straight up when you lift your beaters from the mixture.
Soft peaks will barely hold shape and will fall over.
Medium peaks hold their shape but will curl at the top, as opposed to standing straight up.
You can read more about Whipping to Soft, Medium, and Firm Peaks here.
Can You Have Whipped Cream on Keto
You are better off making your own, which is really easy to do.
Add 1/2 cup whipping cream to a mixing bowl. Use a hand mixer and mix for 2 minutes. Add in 1 tablespoon of granulated sweetener. Mix until whipped cream forms.
How Much is One Serving of Mousse?
One serving is 1/2 cup.
Carbs Per Serving
There are 2 net carbs per serving.
How Long Will It Last in the Fridge?
Refrigerate the mousse up to 4 days.
Pour the mousse into an airtight container. Be sure to leave about an inch available at the top of the container. You can freeze it for up to 2 months.
More Keto Dessert Recipes
Popular Keto Recipes
Pair this with Air Fryer Croutons.
Easy, Keto Low-Carb Chocolate Mousse Recipe
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 84 grams chocolate chips I use Lily's. This was about 1/4th of a cup, but be sure to weigh your chocolate chips for accurate macros.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Confectioner's Sweetener I use organic powdered monkfruit. Use Discount Code STAYSNATCHED to save.
- Add 1/2 cup heavy cream and the chocolate chips to a microwave-safe bowl.
- Melt the cream and chocolate in the microwave for 60-90 seconds. Stir until the chocolate has fully melted. Microwave again if necessary. Mine took 90 seconds
- Allow the melted chocolate to cool for 10 minutes.
- Add 1 cup heavy cream, vanilla, and the Confectioner's (Powdered) Sweetener to the cooled chocolate in the mixing bowl.
- Use a hand mixer or standing mixer to beat the cream and chocolate on medium for about 1-3 minutes until stiff peaks form. You can test stiff peaks using your mixer. Turn the whisks upside down they batter should point straight up without collapsing at all (or maybe a little bit just at the very tips). The mixture is thick and heavy. Do not overbeat, the mixture will split.
- The mixture will make 2 1/2 cups of mousse.
- I use whipping cream that has zero carbs per serving.
- If you don’t use powdered Confectioner’s sweetener, you may experience a change in texture and can taste the gains of sugar.
- To make homemade whipped cream: Add 1/2 cup whipping cream to a mixing bowl. Use a hand mixer and mix for 2 minutes. Add in 1 tablespoon of granulated sweetener. Mix until whipped cream forms.