Easy, Keto Low-Carb Lemon Bars Dessert is a quick sugar-free and gluten-free recipe that uses almond flour and fresh lemons to make a delicious treat perfect for the keto diet. With only 3 net carbs per serving, enjoy these tarts completely guilt-free!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS AND COMPREHENSIVE INSTRUCTIONS, PLEASE SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END OF THIS POST. BEFORE YOU SCROLL, THERE’S IMPORTANT INFORMATION IN THIS BLOG POST.
The Keto Essential Cookbook is available NOW for FREE! For a hard copy, you only pay the shipping and handling. Get over 100+ scrumptious recipes with net carb, fat, protein, and calorie count for every recipe. Click here to purchase yours today!
Calories: 244 Fat: 23G Net Carbs: 3G Protein: 7G
Macros are provided as a courtesy and calculated using MyFitnessPal. Calculate your specific macros using the exact brand ingredients you use and the macros calculator of your choice.
Net Carbs = Total Carbs – Dietary Fiber – Sugar Alcohols like Xylitol and Erythritol. Check out this post on How to Calculate Net Carbs for more information.
I’m a huge fan of desserts that aren’t overly rich and decadent. Years ago, I made the Pioneer Woman’s Lemon Bar recipe. I have not made it in quite some time. I also have a huge interest in lightening up the carbs in desserts, so I figured I would experiment with ways to modify the recipe.
Her recipe is made for a larger crowd, so I scaled it down some. Lemon bars are made to be tart AND sweet, with a buttery crust. Keep that in mind if you haven’t tried a lemon bar!
How Do You Make Keto Lemon Bars?
- You will need almond flour, confectioner’s sweetener, vanilla extract, room temperature eggs, melted butter, and lemons.
- Use a zester to zest one lemon. Juice 3 lemons with a lemon squeezer.
- Combine the melted butter, almond flour, and confectioner’s sugar. Press the dough that forms into the bottom of an 8×8 inch pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Combine eggs, almond flour, lemons, lemon zest, confectioner’s sweetener, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the batter over the crust and bake an additional 25 minutes.
Never zested a lemon? Check out this post on How to Zest a Lemon.
How do you convert all-purpose flour into servings for almond flour?
I get this question often. This is great to know if you have your favorite lemon bars recipe on hand, and you want to snatch it up a bit. Almond flour and all-purpose have 1:2 ratio, 3/4 cup all-purpose flour = 1 1/2 cups almond flour. Always cook almond flour at a lower temperature.
This is an approximation. You can read more about How to Convert All Purpose Flour to Almond Flour here.
How Do You Keep Your Lemon Bars From Falling Apart and Crumbling
You will need to use room temperature eggs in this recipe. Room temperature eggs will mix better in the batter and will rise easier. You can read more about Why to Use Room Temperature Eggs While Baking here.
If you are strapped for time, check out this post on How to Get Room Temperature Eggs Quickly.
Do not overbeat the filling batter. Overbeating the batter will lead to cracks in the top surface. Not all cracks can be prevented. I often experience them, too!
Allow the lemon bars to cool fully! Do not slice into the lemon bars until they have cooled for 30 minutes. Even after 30 minutes, the bars will firm up more the longer they sit.
You can choose to refrigerate them (a minimum of 30 minutes) or allow them to stand at room temperature. I promise you, you will not be disappointed. If you are too eager, you can expect them to fall apart.
Can You Substitute Coconut Flour in This Recipe?
No, coconut flour is not interchangeable. It absorbs moisture much differently than almond flour.
How Do You Store Keto Lemon Bars?
Store the bars covered and in the refrigerator, up to 4 days.
Are Keto Lemon Bars Freezer Friendly?
Yes. Make sure the bars at room temperature. Wrap the bars in plastic wrap and store them inside a sealable plastic bag for up to a month.
Keto Lemon Bars Recipe Tips
- Use a silicone spatula to pat the crust down and to firm it up along the edges. This will result in evenly cut bars.
- While cutting your lemon bars, wipe your knife off with a paper towel between EACH cut.
- Allow the bars to cool for 30 minutes before slicing. Allow them to cool for an additional hour (optimal) after slicing to firm up.
More Keto Dessert Recipes
Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
Keto Peanut Butter Cookies
Keto Avocado Brownies
Keto Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Fat Bombs
Keto Pumpkin Spice Fat Bombs
Keto Pound Cake
WATCH THE VIDEO!
Easy, Keto Low-Carb Lemon Bars Dessert
- 1 cup blanched almond flour I used Nature Eat's
- 1/4 cup zero-calorie Confectioner's sweetener I used Swerve
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter (melted) I used unsalted
- 3 lemons (juice of) You can use the lemon that was zested
- 1 lemon (zested) This was about a teaspoon for me
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs at room temperature See notes for how to get eggs to room temp quickly.
- 3/4 cup zero-calorie Confectioner's sweetener I used Swerve
- 3/4 cup blanched almond flour I used Nature Eat's
- 1 teaspoon zero-calorie Confectioner's sweetener I used Swerve
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the crust and allow it to cool for 10 minutes before adding the filling.
Lemon Bar Filling
- Combine the lemon juice, zest, vanilla, and eggs in a mixing bowl. Stir.
- Add the almond flour and Confectioner's sweetener. Mix with a hand blender on medium speed until blended.
- Pour the filling over the crust. Smooth the filling with a silicone spatula.
- Bake for 25 minutes on 350 degrees.
- Remove the pan and cool for 30 minutes before slicing the bars.
- Remove the bars by pulling on the edges of the parchment paper and lifting them from the pan.
- Add a teaspoon of Confectioner's sweetener to a strainer or sifter. Sprinkle the sweetener over the bars.
- Cut 9 bars. Cut 3 vertical lines and 3 horizontal lines. Be sure to clean off your knife or slicer between each cut to assist with nicely cut squares.
- The bars will harden the longer you allow them to stand. You can refrigerate for 30 minutes or allow them to stand for an additional 60 minutes to firm.