Easy, Keto Low Carb One-Minute Flourless Chocolate Mug Cake is a quick, gluten-free recipe that uses sugar-free chocolate chips, almond flour, and unsweetened cocoa. This post will show you how to make a simple mug cake and carb-free dessert treat using the microwave. With only 1 net carb per serving this cupcake in a mug is perfect for keto diets and ketosis.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS AND COMPREHENSIVE INSTRUCTIONS, PLEASE SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END OF THIS POST. BEFORE YOU SCROLL, THERE’S IMPORTANT INFORMATION IN THIS BLOG POST.
One cake = 2 servings Calories: 167 Fat: 15G Net Carbs: 1G Protein: 5G
Macros are provided as a courtesy and calculated using MyFitnessPal. Calculate your specific macros using the exact brand ingredients you use and the macros calculator of your choice.
Net Carbs = Total Carbs – Dietary Fiber – Sugar Alcohols like Xylitol and Erythritol. Check out this post on How to Calculate Net Carbs for more information.
Are mug cakes good? Absolutely! Check out my Keto Peanut Butter Chocolate Mug Cake recipe, too!
Is Chocolate Allowed in Keto Diet?
How Do You Make Low-Carb Chocolate Chip Mug Cakes?
A mug cake is similar to making a typical cake, but you save a ton more time. Combine your wet and dry ingredients in separate bowls. Add the wet ingredients to the dry. Mix and microwave for 60-90 seconds.
What is Erythritol Keto?
Erythritol is zero-calorie, no-carb sweetener naturally found in some fruits and vegetables, and even some fermented food. Your body processes it a lot differently than other sugar alcohols. Bottom line, it’s a lot less gassy.
What Desserts Can You Have on a Keto Diet?
More Keto Dessert Recipes
How Do You Make a Keto Fat Bomb?
There are so many ways! You can make sweet or savory fat bombs. My favorite are Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Fat Bombs.
Want to make a Chocolate Lava Mug Cake? Check out this recipe.
The keto lifestyle can sometimes cause me to get dizzy and have brain fog. It can be really hard to focus. Each night before bed I like to drink bone broth. Kettle and Fire is my favorite brand. They have beef and chicken flavors. I add a little liquid aminos and hot sauce for flavor. You can sip it from a mug or eat it like a miso soup in a bowl.
I add 1 tablespoon of MCT oil to my coffee in the morning. This helps add additional fat to support keto macros and also helps with keto flu.
Perfect Keto just launched their Keto Almond Butter Brownie Bars. You can use my DISCOUNT to purchase them for 20% off! The bars are 3 net carbs and do not use any sugar alcohols. These will sell out quick! Use my discount code STAYSNATCHED and click here to snag yours today!
WATCH THE VIDEO!
Easy, Keto Low Carb One-Minute Chocolate Mug Cake
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons zero cal sweetener
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder if gluten-free use gluten-free
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free chocolate chips I used Lily's. Cacao nibs also work well.
- cooking oil I use a natural olive oil spray
Whipped Cream (Optional)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sweetener
- Mix all of the dry ingredients in a medium bowl (almond flour, sweetener, baking powder, unsweetened cocoa powder)
- Combine and mix the wet ingredients (egg, vanilla, and melted butter) in a separate bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the bowl with the dry ingredients. Mix well until fully blended.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and stir.
- Spray a mug with cooking oil. Add the mixture to the mug.
- Microwave for 50 seconds to 1 minute. I timed it for 50 seconds because I wanted a really moist cake. With 1 minute it will be slightly more firm, but still moist.
Whipped Cream (Optional)
- Add the whipping cream to a mixing bowl. Use a hand mixer and mix for 2 minutes. Add in the sweetener. Mix until whipped cream forms.