This Easy, Keto Low Carb One-Minute Chocolate Mug Cake can be whipped up in the microwave in no time! You will only need a handful of ingredients like sugar-free chocolate chips, almond flour, and cocoa powder. With only one net carb per serving, this will make the perfect dessert!
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This post was originally published in 2018. It has since been updated.
FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS AND COMPREHENSIVE INSTRUCTIONS, PLEASE SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END OF THIS POST. BEFORE YOU SCROLL, THERE’S IMPORTANT INFORMATION IN THIS BLOG POST.
Are mug cakes good? Absolutely! Check out my Keto Peanut Butter Chocolate Mug Cake recipe, too!
What Type of Chocolate to Use
The best form of chocolate for keto is cacao and unsweetened cocoa powder. You can use it as the base of your chocolate dish and use products like monkfruit sweetener to sweeten up the taste.
How to Make Keto Chocolate Mug Cakes
- Combine butter, eggs, and vanilla in a bowl.
- Combine almond flour, baking powder, and unsweetened cocoa in a separate bowl.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Microwave for 60-90 seconds.
What Type of Sweetener to Use
I use Lakanto monkfruit sweetener which does have erythritol.
Erythritol is zero-calorie, no-carb sweetener naturally found in some fruits and vegetables, and even some fermented food. Your body processes it a lot differently than other sugar alcohols. Bottom line, it’s a lot less gassy.
- Whipped Cream
- Peanut Butter Drizzle along with other nut butters
How to Store Leftover Cake
The cake will last in the fridge (tightly covered) for 2-3 days.
More Keto Dessert Recipes
Want to make a Chocolate Lava Mug Cake? Check out this recipe.
Easy, Keto Low Carb One-Minute Chocolate Mug Cake
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons zero cal sweetener
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder if gluten-free use gluten-free
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free chocolate chips I used Lily’s. Cacao nibs also work well.
- cooking oil I use a natural olive oil spray
Whipped Cream (Optional)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sweetener
- Mix all of the dry ingredients in a medium bowl (almond flour, sweetener, baking powder, unsweetened cocoa powder)
- Combine and mix the wet ingredients (egg, vanilla, and melted butter) in a separate bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the bowl with the dry ingredients. Mix well until fully blended.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and stir.
- Spray a mug with cooking oil. Add the mixture to the mug.
- Microwave for 50 seconds to 1 minute. I timed it for 50 seconds because I wanted a really moist cake. With 1 minute it will be slightly more firm, but still moist.
Whipped Cream (Optional)
- Add the whipping cream to a mixing bowl. Use a hand mixer and mix for 2 minutes. Add in the sweetener. Mix until whipped cream forms.