This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
Easy Keto Low-Carb Microwave Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Cake is a quick, one-minute gluten-free, healthy recipe loaded with sugar-free chocolate chips, natural peanut butter, and cocoa. This dessert is made in a cup with only 2 grams of carbs per serving!
Calories: 226 Fat: 19G Net Carbs: 2G Protein: 10G
One mug = 2 servings
Click here to pre-order now!
A keto dessert recipe that you can make in only ONE MINUTE! You may feel like you have died and gone to heaven!
I am not a huge dessert person. I am super picky about which desserts I like. A common thing among desserts that I actually like is peanut butter. I love a good Reese’s candy cup! This cake mug is very similar!
While following a keto lifestyle, I crave desserts a lot. This is strange for me, because as I mentioned, I am not a huge dessert fan. I think the absence of processed food, fruit, and sugar overall does something to my brain. Then I feel like I have to have dessert!
These days I feel like I rarely have much free time. That tends to be a common theme around most of the people I know. Between work, workouts and the gym, family time, self-care “me-time,” there is very little time left for meal prepping.
I have to be really strategic with how I plan my meals. I usually aim for recipes that are quick and easy, but they cannot compromise on taste! I have to enjoy what I am eating.
This chocolate peanut butter mug cake does just the trick with under one minute of cook time! From start to finish the dish is complete in under 10 minutes.
For me, one mug was way too much for one serving. So I divide the mug in half.
I have heard a lot about Lilys Chocolate – All Natural Dark Chocolate Premium Baking Chips recently. These chocolate chips are stevia sweetened with no added sugar. They are also certified gluten-free, vegan, and non-GMO project certified.
Stevia is a natural sweetener that is plant-based. I have used to stevia for years and I really like it. According to the nutrition label, Lilys Chocolate – All Natural Dark Chocolate Premium Baking Chips a serving of 60 chocolate chips is equal to 1 gram of net carbs. That is pretty fantastic!
I have absolutely fallen in love with Swerve Sweetener! What I love most about Swerve is that is measures cup for cup like regular sugar. You do not have to convert the amount of sugar used for each recipe.
Shop the recipe!
Are you striving to be #KetoClean? If so, check out these deals below!
Check out this deal for heritage breed bacon and pork, free-range organic chicken, and 100% grass-fed beef! I have partnered with Butcher Box to deliver exclusive deals for my audience. All of the meat from Butcher Box is certified-free from antibiotics and hormones. It’s also uncured and free of added sugar and nitrates (nitrates are linked to cancer and a huge NO, NO) most importantly it has been taste tested by me, and passes with flying colors!
Here is the kicker, you will receive FREE bacon with every Butcher Box delivery. Yup, that’s right, get FREE bacon, $10 off, and free shipping for all of 2018 when you order your first ButcherBox today! Click here to sign up and get hormone free meat delivered right to your doorstep!
Be sure to check out more Keto Desserts!
Watch the video HERE!
Pin this recipe for later here.
Easy Keto Low-Carb Microwave Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Cake
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons zero cal sweetener I used Swerve
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter I used Smucker's
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar-free chocolate chips I used Lily's. Cacao nibs also work well.
- cooking oil I use a natural olive oil spray
- Mix all of the dry ingredients in a medium bowl (almond flour, sweetener, baking powder, unsweetened cocoa powder)
- Combine and mix the wet ingredients (eggs, peanut butter, vanilla, and melted butter) in a separate bowl. The peanut butter (natural) will be thick and runny. You do not have to fully dilute it while stirring. Just stir enough so everything is combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the bowl with the dry ingredients. Mix well until fully blended.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and stir.
- Spray a mug with cooking oil. Add the mixture to the mug.
- Microwave for 50 seconds to 1 minute. I timed it for 50 seconds because I wanted a really moist cake. With 1 minute it will be slightly more firm, but still moist.