This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
Easy Keto Low-Carb Microwave Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Cake is a quick, one-minute gluten-free, healthy recipe loaded with sugar-free chocolate chips, natural peanut butter, and cocoa. This dessert is made in a cup with only 2 grams of carbs per serving!
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
A keto dessert recipe that you can make in only ONE MINUTE! You may feel like you have died and gone to heaven!
I am not a huge dessert person. I am super picky about which desserts I like. A common thing among desserts that I actually like is peanut butter. I love a good Reese’s candy cup! This cake mug is very similar!
While following a keto lifestyle, I crave desserts a lot. This is strange for me, because as I mentioned, I am not a huge dessert fan. I think the absence of processed food, fruit, and sugar overall does something to my brain. Then I feel like I have to have dessert!
These days I feel like I rarely have much free time. That tends to be a common theme around most of the people I know. Between work, workouts and the gym, family time, self-care “me-time,” there is very little time left for meal prepping.
I have to be really strategic with how I plan my meals. I usually aim for recipes that are quick and easy, but they cannot compromise on taste! I have to enjoy what I am eating.
This chocolate peanut butter mug cake does just the trick with under one minute of cook time! From start to finish the dish is complete in under 10 minutes.
For me, one mug was way too much for one serving. So I divide the mug in half.
Pin this recipe for later here.
Easy Keto Low-Carb Microwave Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Cake
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons zero cal sweetener I used Swerve
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter I used Smucker’s
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar-free chocolate chips I used Lily’s. Cacao nibs also work well.
- cooking oil I use a natural olive oil spray
- Mix all of the dry ingredients in a medium bowl (almond flour, sweetener, baking powder, unsweetened cocoa powder)
- Combine and mix the wet ingredients (eggs, peanut butter, vanilla, and melted butter) in a separate bowl. The peanut butter (natural) will be thick and runny. You do not have to fully dilute it while stirring. Just stir enough so everything is combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the bowl with the dry ingredients. Mix well until fully blended.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and stir.
- Spray a mug with cooking oil. Add the mixture to the mug.
- Microwave for 50 seconds to 1 minute. I timed it for 50 seconds because I wanted a really moist cake. With 1 minute it will be slightly more firm, but still moist.