Low-Carb Sugar-Free Keto Cheesecake is a quick and easy ketogenic dessert recipe that is practically carb free and perfect for keto diets and a ketosis lifestyle. This is the best cheesecake recipe and has a delicious gluten-free almond flour crust. You can also prepare the recipe crustless with no crust.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualified sales. Please read my full disclosure here.
Can you eat cheesecake on the keto diet? Absolutely. This recipe will provide all of the amazing ingredients to do so. I pretty much took the exact same ingredients from my Instant Pot Cheesecake recipe and did a few modifications.
How to Make Keto Cheesecake Crust
The crust is made of almond flour, butter, and your favorite sweetener. Combine these items. The mixture will look very dry and grainy. Do not add more butter or liquid! It should look this way.
How to Make Keto Cheesecake
To make the actual filling you will need cream cheese, eggs, vanilla extract, and zero calorie sweetener. Be sure not to beat these ingredients for a long time with the electric mixer. This will create more air bubbles in the crust. Air bubbles will lead to cracks on the exterior.
Cracks in the top of the cheesecake are REALLY hard to avoid. The best tips are to only beat the ingredients together for seconds at a time. If your cheesecake cracks, disguise them with your toppings! Drizzle caramel over the cracks! You even top the cheesecake with other low-carb items like sugar-free preserves.
Keto Cheesecake Recipe Tips
What is the best sweetener for keto? I believe it’s monkfruit.
Can you freeze keto cheesecake? Yes! It freezes really well up to 3 months. In fact, I freeze my Keto Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Fat Bombs. Be sure to check out that recipe.
How many carbs are in keto cheesecake? 2 grams of net carbs
Should you use almond flour or coconut flour? I recommend almond flour. Coconut and almond flour absorb moisture differently. I have had greater success using almond flour in dessert recipes.
Do not over-beat the batter. I outlined the 15-second rule for each ingredient to prevent this. If you beat the batter too much, air bubbles will form. The air bubbles will cause multiple cracks in the filling and could also cause it to fall apart.
Use room temperature ingredients for the filling. I set my cream cheese and eggs out on the counter an hour before I started. Cold items will not blend well. You want creamy filling.
While cutting your cheesecake, wipe your cake cutter off with a paper towel between EACH cut.
More Keto Dessert Recipes:
Keto Peanut Butter Cookies
Keto Chocolate Avocado Brownies
Keto Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Fat Bombs
Keto Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies
Keto Pound Cake
Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
Looking for a savory recipe? Check out my Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole.
Pin this recipe for later here.
Low-Carb Sugar-Free Keto Cheesecake
- 16 oz cream cheese (bring to room temperature) typically 2 packages of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sweetener (Use discount code STAYSNATCHED to save 15%)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs (bring to room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon (juice of)
- low-calorie, zero-sugar caramel
- whipped cream
Homemade Keto Whipped Cream (Optional)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon zero calorie sweetener
- Bring the eggs and cream cheese to room temperature before use. I set my cream cheese and eggs out on the counter an hour before I started. Cold items will not blend well. You want creamy filling.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 7-inch or 9-inch springform pan with butter. 9 inch is most common. I have also used 7-inch for this recipe.
- Add the crust to a 7-inch or 9-inch springform pan making sure to work the crust up along the sides. Use your fingers to flatten the crust.
- Bake the crust for 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven.
- Add the cream cheese to a mixing bowl or standing mixer. Beat for 15 seconds on Low with a hand blender or standing mixer. The cream cheese will likely stick to the blender blades. Scoop it out with a silicone spoon.
- Add the sweetener and then beat for 15 seconds on Low.
- Add one egg. Beat for 15 seconds on Low. Add the second egg. Beat for 15 seconds on Low.
- Add the lemon juice and vanilla extract. Beat for 15 seconds on Low.
- Add the cheesecake batter to the crust. Make sure there are no air bubbles within the batter. If there are bubbles, drop the pan on a hard surface a few times. Air bubbles will lead to cracks in the cake. Smooth the batter throughout and along the edges of the pan with a spoon.
- Bake the cheesecake for 30-35 minutes. Check in on the cheesecake. The center should be wobbly and the edges should be golden. You don't want the top to brown. Use your judgment for how much time is necessary.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and set it out on a counter until it reaches room temperature. About 20 minutes.
- Once cool, place in the refrigerator overnight (minimum of 5 hours).
- Remove the cake from the fridge. Loosen the edges of the cheesecake with a butter knife. Push up on the bottom of the pan to remove.
- Slice the cheesecake. Wipe your cake cutter off with a paper towel between each cut.
- Top with caramel and enjoy!
Homemade Keto Whipped Cream
- Add the whipping cream to a mixing bowl. Use a hand mixer and mix for 2 minutes. Add in the sweetener. Mix until whipped cream forms.