Keto Low-Carb Creamy Garlic Shrimp Alfredo Zucchini Noodles (Zoodles) is a quick and easy recipe with video instructions that is perfect for the keto diet and ketosis lifestyles. The shrimp is served grilled or pan seared with parmesan cheese and rich alfredo cream sauce.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
Calories: 389 Fat: 30G Net Carbs: 3G Protein: 35G
Let this 21 Day Fall and Winter Meal Plan do all of the heavy lifting for you! It includes: Recipes: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and Snacks, Grocery List (itemized and weekly), Grocery Budget Spreadsheet, Trader Joe’s and Costco Grocery List, Vegetable Freezing Chart, Ice Cream Recipes, What to Order at Fast Food Restaurants, Low Carb Keto Lifestyle Background, how ketosis works, and how to stay in ketosis, Low Carb Dining Out Guide (what to order), and a Low Carb Travel Guide (how to travel and stay low carb).
The Keto Essential Cookbook is available NOW for FREE! For a hard copy, you only pay shipping. Get over 100+ scrumptious recipes with net carb, fat, protein, and calorie count for every recipe. Click here to purchase yours today!
I just returned for a week-long vacation in Greece. Everything about the trip was amazing, especially the food!
I ate so much that I am in desperate need to return to my healthy eating regimen. I am craving green vegetables and I could definitely use a break from the carbs.
This keto friendly zucchini noodle dish is the perfect medicine!
This cream sauce is absolutely divine. It is loaded up with butter, cream cheese, and heavy cream. Don’t forget your seasonings! You don’t want a bland sauce.
Cream sauces are what I love most about the keto lifestyle. Keto is very high fat, moderate protein, and little to no carbs. The high-fat portion means more butter, olive oil, cream cheese, parmesan, etc.
Do zucchini noodles taste like pasta? No. The shape provides a nice substitute for a dish like this, but the reality is, nothing tastes like bread or pasta, except for bread and pasta.
Pay close attention to your preparation of the zucchini noodles. Zucchini noodles emit a LOT of water when you cook them. You will want to sweat the excess water out of the zucchini first.
I lay the noodles on a flat surface lined with paper towels. A sheet pan will work well. Spread the noodles out. Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon of salt throughout. Allow the zucchini to sit for at least 30 minutes.
This step is important because if skipped, the pan will be filled with water and create more of a soup. This also helps give the zucchini a consistency and texture that is close to pasta.
Shop here on Amazon!
Here is a link to the Spiralizer Ultimate 7-Blade Vegetable Slicer I used from Amazon.
Pin this recipe for later here.
More Keto Alfredo Recipes
Click here for a complete listing of Keto Low-Carb Recipes.
Keto Low-Carb Creamy Garlic Shrimp Alfredo Zucchini Noodles (Zoodles)
- 2 pounds zucchini, spiralized the number of zucchini will vary based on size, this is about 4-5 zucchini
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream If you prefer a lot of cream sauce, try 3/4 cup
- 4 oz cream cheese cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup Parmesan reggiano cheese shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- parsley to garnish
- Line a sheet pan with paper towels. Place the zucchini noodles on the paper towels. Sprinkle with the 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Allow the zucchini to sit for 30 minutes to sweat out excess water.
- Heat a skillet on medium-high heat. Add the olive oil, shrimp, and minced garlic. Cook each side of the shrimp for 1-2 minutes until bright pink.
- Remove the shrimp from the skillet and set aside on a plate.
- Add the butter to the skillet on medium heat. Allow the butter to partially melt and then add the chunks of cream cheese, Parmesan reggiano, heavy cream, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir continuously until the cheese has melted. The cream cheese may take some time to dissolve.
- Add the shrimp and zucchini noodles to the pan. Stir to coat the zucchini. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the zucchini softens.
- Sprinkle with parsley to serve.