Air Fryer Garlic Roasted Green Beans is a quick and easy recipe that is the perfect side dish for your weeknight dinner. You can also serve this keto dish, crispy or fried, and toss in crumbled bacon if you wish.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
Making air fried green beans in the air fryer is about as easy as it gets! There’s more to an air fryer than just making Air Fryer Cheeseburgers and Air Fryer French Fries! You can roast veggies, too!
- Crispy Texture: The air fryer cooks green beans quickly at a high temperature, resulting in a crispy exterior while maintaining a tender interior. This contrasts with traditional cooking methods, such as boiling or steaming, which can lead to softer beans.
- Time Efficiency: Air frying is a fast cooking method, making it a time-efficient option for busy folks. Green beans can be ready in a matter of minutes, reducing overall cooking time.
- Minimal Oil Usage: This recipe requires significantly less oil than traditional frying methods. It allows for a lighter preparation of green beans while still achieving a satisfying crunch.
- Even Cooking: The circulating hot air in the air fryer ensures even cooking, so you don’t end up with unevenly cooked green beans. Each bean receives the same amount of heat for consistent results.
I’m no stranger to green beans. I make my Instant Pot Southern Green Beans for every occasion. These are a little easier with the air fryer. I’m definitely going to add them to our rotation.
These are perfect for the holidays, too. Check out 20 Quick and Easy Air Fryer Thanksgiving Recipes here.
- Green Beans
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper
How to Make Air Fryer Green Beans
Detailed measurements and full instructions can be found in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Coat fresh green beans in olive oil and then season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Lay out the green beans in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry.
If you have a large pile of green beans, check out this post on How to Quickly Trim a Pile of Green Beans.
Air Fryer Temperature
I use 370 degrees.
Cook Time/How Long to Cook
7-9 minutes was the perfect time for me to give them a soft texture with a crunch. If you like crispy green beans, cook them longer and monitor them.
How to Cook Frozen Green Beans
For frozen green beans, use the same temperature but double the cooking time. Check on the green beans and adjust the cooking time as necessary.
Substitutions and Additional Spice and Seasoning Options
- Parmesan Cheese
- Creole Seasoning
- Cajun Seasoning
- Balsamic Glaze
- Lemon Herb
- Ranch Seasoning
- Smoked Paprika
- Chili Lime
How to Store
Leftovers can be stored tightly covered and sealed in the fridge for 3-4 days.
How to Reheat
Reheat at 350 degrees for 2-3 minutes or until warm.
What to Pair With Green Beans
Air Fryer Whole Chicken
Air Fryer Turkey Breast
Instant Pot Turkey Breast
Air Fryer BBQ Ribs
Air Fryer Fried Pork Chops
Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
Air Fryer Salmon
Okra and Tomatoes
Air Fryer Lamb Chops
More Air Fryer Vegetable Recipes
Air Fryer Roasted Asparagus
Air Fryer Roasted Broccoli
Air Fryer Balsamic Brussels Sprouts
Air Fryer Loaded Baked Potatoes
Air Fryer Loaded Sweet Potatoes
Air Fryer Vegetables
Air Fryer Carrots
Air Fryer Roasted Garlic
Click here for a complete listing of Air Fryer Recipes.
Air Fryer Garlic Roasted Green Beans
- Drizzle the olive oil over the green beans. Sprinkle the seasonings throughout. Toss to coat.
- Place the green beans in the air fryer basket.
- Cook the green beans for 7-8 minutes on 370 degrees. Toss the basket halfway through the total cook time.
- Remove the green beans and serve.