This Quick and Easy Air Fryer Roasted Asparagus is the perfect side dish for any meal. It’s ready in under 10 minutes making it perfect for weeknight dinners.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This post was originally published in 2019. It has since been updated.
FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS AND COMPREHENSIVE INSTRUCTIONS, PLEASE SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END OF THIS POST. BEFORE YOU SCROLL, THERE’S IMPORTANT INFORMATION IN THIS BLOG POST.
How to Trim Asparagus and Do You Have To?
You typically want to trim off the woody root ends of the veggie before you cook it. You can also trim that portion off as you’re eating it.
How Does it Taste?
Roasted asparagus is loaded with so much flavor! Sometimes steamed veggies can get a little boring. Roasted asparagus packs a little crunch and if you season appropriately, tons of flavor! Check out this Roasted Asparagus recipe that uses the oven. Now you can let the air fryer do the work and save a little time.
How to Cook Asparagus in an Air Fryer
- Wash and trim the hard ends off the asparagus.
- Drizzle the asparagus in olive oil. You can also use olive oil spray. Sprinkle with seasonings.
- Air fry.
Air Fryer Temperature
I like to use 360 degrees.
Cook Time and How Long to Cook
I don’t recommend going over 10 minutes in the air fryer. Monitor the asparagus closely because every air fryer brand cooks differently. I like for my roasted asparagus to have a little bit of char, but I don’t want it to be too slimy. If you roast it too long you will burn it and will become really soft to the touch.
After the asparagus has cooked for 5 minutes, start to monitor it closely.
How to Cook Frozen
Frozen veggies typically only need an additional few minutes. Air fry the veggie for 3-4 minutes and then open up the air fryer to season them. Air fry for an additional 5-8 minutes.
Is Air Fryer Asparagus Healthy?
Absolutely! This dish has only 1 net carb per serving and is keto, vegetarian and vegan-friendly.
More Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Green Beans
Air Fryer Roasted Broccoli
Air Fryer Balsamic Brussels Sprouts
Air Fryer Loaded Baked Potatoes
Air Fryer Loaded Sweet Potatoes
Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
Air Fryer Corn on the Cob
Air Fryer Vegetables
Air Fryer Carrots
Air Fryer Spatchcock Chicken
Get a complete list of Air Fryer Recipes here.
You may also enjoy my Grilled Asparagus in Foil recipe.
Quick and Easy Air Fryer Roasted Asparagus
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or olive oil cooking spray
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Herbes de Provence seasoning optional
- fresh lemon wedge optional
- Wash and trim hard ends off asparagus.
- Drizzle the asparagus with olive oil and the seasonings. You can also use cooking oil spray.
- Add the asparagus to the air fryer.
- Cook for 6-10 minutes on 360 degrees until crisp. Drizzle fresh squeezed lemon over the roasted asparagus.
- I don’t recommend going over 10 minutes in the air fryer. Monitor the asparagus closely because every air fryer brand cooks differently. I like for my roasted asparagus to have a little bit of char, but I don’t want it to be too slimy. If you roast it too long you will burn it and will become really soft to the touch.After the asparagus has cooked for 5 minutes, start to monitor it closely.