This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
Quick and easy 10-minute Instant Pot pressure cooker steak tacos (carne asada) are a healthy and skinny meal loaded with salsa, cilantro, and juicy steak. This recipe can also be used for beef fajitas.
Instant Pot/pressure cooker 10-minute steak tacos were the perfect cure for my busy weekend. This past weekend was soooooo hectic for me. I spent a large chunk of my Sunday out to brunch with friends. Bottomless mimosas were involved. We had such a great time! This left me with very little time to prep my meals for the week. I had leftover steak on hand from my Instant Pot Mongolian Beef and Quinoa recipe. I decided to whip up steak tacos.
Calories: 146 Fat: 5G Net Carbs: 11G Protein: 12G
I used the Instant Pot because I am obsessed with the saute’ function. I used a small amount of olive oil and the steak always comes out tender and juicy! For shredded tacos use the pressure cooker setting after sauteeing the meat.
You could also opt to pan sear the steak instead of using the Instant Pot. I prefer the Instant Pot because it does saute’ somewhat faster and yields really juicy steak.
I used corn tortillas with these steak tacos. I have also enjoyed them with corn street tacos tortillas. Street tacos are so good, too!
Street tacos are smaller and usually fit in the comfort of one hand. Fresh lime usually accompanies the tacos. I LOVE to squeeze fresh lime juice throughout. They are also extra soft. There is a huge difference between street and hard shell tacos, in my opinion.
There are so many ways to include steak in a healthy eating regime. Be sure to trim the excess fat from the steak before seasoning.
These tacos pair perfectly with my homemade guacamole recipe. These are the quinoa and black bean chip from Trader Joe’s. These chips are my favorite!
If you are looking for more healthy steak taco recipes check out these Instant Pot Flank Steak Tacos perfect for 21-Day Fix.
These Instant Pot Shredded Beef Taco lettuce wraps are great as well!.
Pin me! 🙂
More Instant Pot Recipes:
Instant Pot Pumpkin Spice Sweet Potato Soup
Instant Pot Homemade Cranberry Sauce
Instant Pot Low-Carb Pumpkin Spice Bread
Instant Pot Lasagna
Instant Pot Shrimp Risotto with Vegetables and Parmesan
Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
How to Make Hard Boiled Eggs Using the Instant Pot
Instant Pot Chicken and Spanish Rice (Arroz Con Pollo)
Instant Pot Cheesecake
Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo Spaghetti Squash
Instant Pot Mongolian Beef
Instant Pot Steak Tacos
Instant Pot Chicken Taco Bowl with Quinoa
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Pasta
Instant Pot 10-Minute Steak Tacos (Carne Asada)
- 8 oz Butcher Box sirloin steak fat trimmed and sliced into thin pieces
- 1/2 cup red onion chopped
- 1/4 cup tomatoes chopped
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat Mexican cheese shredded
- 2 tbsp crema or sour cream
- 6 tbsp authentic salsa one tablespoon per taco
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp cilantro chopped
- Trader Joe's Taco Seasoning to taste
- McCormick's Grill Mates Steak Rub and pepper to taste
- Turn the Instant Pot on the saute' function. When the pot displays "Hot" add the olive oil to the pot.
- Season the Butcher Box steak with the seasonings. Add the steak to the pot.
- Cook both sides of the steak for 2-3 minutes until the steak turns brown.
- Remove the steak from the pot. Top the steak with cheese immediately if you prefer melted cheese on your tacos.
- Turn the oven on Broil. When heated, add the corn tortillas to the oven. Place the tortillas directly on an oven rack. Allow the tortillas to warm for a couple of minutes.
- Remove the tortillas and add the steak, crema, salsa, and tomatoes. Sprinkle the cilantro throughout.