This Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Taco Bowl with Cilantro Quinoa and Brown Rice was something I experimented with and came up with on a random weekend night. I am not a fan of cooking on weeknights. I feel like my days are already so jammed pack with a full workday and workout sessions. I prefer to just relax in the evenings.
Calories: 504 Fat: 19G Net Carbs: 41G Protein: 41G
I typically meal prep my lunch and dinner in advance so that I make this possible. This past weekend it was pretty much impossible for me to squeeze in meal prep, without sacrificing my sleep. I NEED my sleep! It’s so important.
I spent the weekend assisting with a bridal shower (I am a bridesmaid), going out to a great dinner with drinks, and attending a birthday brunch for another close friend. I love weekends like these. I can be a homebody at times, but the reality is….I am a social butterfly.
When the weather is nice I feel like I can really allow my social butterfly wings to flourish. It was an incredible weekend, and thus I was left without any time to even think about the upcoming week.
I love that the Instant Pot produces quick results for dishes that used to take a long time to make. I am still experimenting. For now, I am trying to determine how the Instant Pot can add value to my life and save me time by producing quick, easy, and HEALTHY recipes.
This bowl reminds me a little of my favorite bowl at Chipotle. RELAX, this is not a copycat recipe or dupe for a Chipotle Burrito Bowl. However, it is tasty and HEALTHY. I am so in love with how juicy the shredded chicken is from the Instant Pot. Adding salsa and chicken broth to the pressure cooking process goes a long way!
Pin me 🙂
More Instant Pot Recipes:
Instant Pot Pumpkin Spice Sweet Potato Soup
Instant Pot Homemade Cranberry Sauce
Instant Pot Starbucks Gingerbread Latte
Instant Pot Skinny Pumpkin Spice Latte
Instant Pot Low-Carb Pumpkin Spice Bread
Instant Pot Lasagna
Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
How to Make Hard Boiled Eggs Using the Instant Pot
Instant Pot Chicken and Spanish Rice (Arroz Con Pollo)
Instant Pot Cheesecake
Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo Spaghetti Squash
Instant Pot Mongolian Beef
Instant Pot Steak Tacos
Instant Pot Chicken Taco Bowl with Quinoa
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Pasta
Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Taco Bowl with Cilantro Brown Rice and Quinoa
- 16 oz skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 container diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 1/2 packages Seeds of Change Quinoa and Brown Rice
- 1 medium avocado sliced
- 1 container low-sodium black beans
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup cilantro chopped
- Trader Joe's Taco Seasoning to taste
- McCormick's Grill Mates Montreal Chicken Seasoning, salt, and pepper to taste
- Season the chicken breasts with the seasonings.
- Add the chicken breasts, salsa, and chicken broth to the Instant Pot.
- Put the lid on the pot and adjust the settings to the Meat Setting. 10 minutes should be the default. Leave it at 10 minutes.
- Allow the Instant Pot to release steam on its own without quick release.
- While the chicken cooks, cook the beans and tomatoes and chilis in a saucepan on medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the Instant Pot. Using a knife and fork, shred the chicken.
- Cook the brown rice and quinoa in the microwave for 90 seconds. Pour the quinoa and brown rice in a bowl. Toss with olive oil and cilantro.
- Serve the chicken over brown rice and quinoa. Add the beans, tomatoes, and sliced avocado.