Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Spinach Lasagna is a quick and easy meal with ground beef and homemade marinara sauce. Perfect weeknight dinner that uses only one pot!
I took my lasagna recipe I have used for years and added a spin to it and created Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Spinach Lasagna. I threw in a little spinach AND I used my latest obsession, the Instant Pot. This was one fabulous idea if I do say so myself!
Calories: 497 Fat: 24G Net Carbs: 30G Protein: 48G
This is the pan I used to cook the lasagna. You will need a pan to place inside the pot.
As with most Instant Pot recipes, this was an experiment for me. This is my first time using no-boil noodles. I have been on the fence about them for years. Stay Snatched recipes are QUICK and easy.
In order to make this a quick and easy recipe, I had to try them out, especially because I make my marinara sauce from scratch.
Feel free to use your favorite store-bought brand to save time! I prefer to make my own because I can control the ingredients.
A lot of store-bought brands are loaded with sugar. I am so happy I finally caved and tried the oven-ready, no-boil lasagna noodles! There was no difference in taste from the standard. Going forward, I will definitely use them again.
This recipe may not fit all “diet” plans. I think of this recipe as one that is perfect for someone who is committed to maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Using the Instant Pot and the 6 inch round pan helps a lot with portion control and advance meal prep.
I usually bake my lasagna in a 9 x 13 pan. To fit the pan, I usually add a ton of noodles and cheese. Also, because I try hard not to waste food, I usually end up eating most of the pan!
The noodles are long so you will have to break them into pieces in order to fit the pan. This was a win for me because I used fewer noodles, yet still came out with the perfect lasagna.
Using the Instant Pot will save you time in comparison to the traditional baked method. I usually bake my lasagna in a foiled covered baking dish for 50 minutes to an hour.
If you do not own an Instant Pot, this recipe can be baked as well. With the Instant Pot, I cooked the lasagna for 20 minutes with a 10-minute natural pressure release, totaling 30 minutes.
Pin Me 🙂
Instant Pot Chicken, Seafood, and Sausage Gumbo
Instant Pot Baked Creamed Cheesy Corn with Ham
Instant Pot Green Bean Casserole
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup with Spinach
Instant Pot Caramel Apple Cider
Instant Pot Meatball Sliders
Instant Pot Pumpkin Spice Sweet Potato Soup
Instant Pot Homemade Cranberry Sauce
Instant Pot Starbucks Gingerbread Latte
Instant Pot Skinny Pumpkin Spice Latte
Instant Pot Low-Carb Pumpkin Spice Bread
Instant Pot Lasagna
Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
How to Make Hard Boiled Eggs Using the Instant Pot
Instant Pot Chicken and Spanish Rice (Arroz Con Pollo)
Instant Pot Cheesecake
Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo Spaghetti Squash
Instant Pot Mongolian Beef
Instant Pot Steak Tacos
Instant Pot Chicken Taco Bowl with Quinoa
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Pasta
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Spinach Lasagna
- 1 pound 93% lean ground beef
- 6 oven-ready, no boil lasagna noodles
- 1 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 4 cups spinach
- 1 cup Lite mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan reggiano shredded
- 2 tbsp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper to taste
- In large sauce pan or skillet heat olive oil and add onions, 3 cups of spinach, and garlic cook until tender. Add tomatoes, Italian seasoning, oregano, basil, salt, pepper, and wine. Top with the bay leaf.
- Cook for 20 minutes on low. Remove the bay leaf.
- Cook the ground beef in a skillet over medium-high heat. Season with salt and pepper. Break the beef into small chunks.
- Add the marinara sauce to the beef. Stir.
- Add the egg, ricotta, remaining spinach, and Parmesan reggiano to a bowl. Stir to combine the ingredients.
- Layer the baking pan with marinara followed by the ricotta mixture. (I started with using the sauce to coat the pan because I feared the noodles on the bottom would not soften up without sauce on the bottom to coat.)
- Break the lasagna noodles into smaller pieces to fit the pan. Add the noodles to the pan.
- Add marinara and the ricotta mixture. Add mozzarella cheese.
- Continue to create layers with the noodles, marinara, ricotta mixture, and mozzarella.
- When you reach the final layer, sprinkle the cheddar cheese over the top.
- Cover the top of the pan with foil to prevent water from getting into the lasagna.
- Add a 1.5 cups of water to the pot. Place the trivet inside the pot. (This comes with the device).
- Create a foil handle to remove the pan from the Instant Pot. Fold a large piece of foil in half the long way. This will be used to wrap around the pan to make it easier to lift out of the Instant Pot.
- Place the foil handle in the Instant Pot. Place the pan in the middle of the pot over the foil handle.
- Set the Instant Pot on manual, 20 minutes. After the Instant Pot alerts that 20 minutes have passed, allow the steam to settle without quick release for 10 minutes.
- Unfold the foil handle and remove it from the Instant Pot. Place the pan on a baking rack to cool. Allow it to cool to room temperature.
- I used a jar of peanut butter to assist with removing the lasagna from the baking pan. I placed the pan on top of the jar and then pressed down on the sides of the pan to remove.