Instant Pot Jack Stack Baked Creamed Cheesy Corn is the perfect recipe to satisfy my craving for one of my favorite BBQ side dishes. I live in Kansas City. We indulge in BBQ OFTEN. One of my favorite restaurants is Jack Stack, which is local to KC. Their most popular side dish is their cheesy corn bake. It is absolutely perfect!
Calories: 202 Fat: 11G Net Carbs: 19G Protein: 9G
I have been living in Kansas City for almost 10 years now. It seems so crazy that much time has passed! I can vividly remember my first moments in the city. It was really tough to learn my way around in a totally new environment, make friends, etc.
Finding great BBQ to enjoy was not tough. I frequented all of the well known local spots. I wanted to come up with my own favorites. Everyone has their own personal list and rankings of which restaurants are the best. The cheesy corn at Jack Stack always stood out to me. For this reason alone, Jack Stack will always be on my personal list for best KC BBQ.
We can argue until the cows come home about which restaurant is #1. That is a conversation reserved for another day.
Of course, cheesy corn pairs wonderfully with BBQ meats, but it will also make an amazing side dish for most meals. I decided I wanted to make my own dish at home this year for the upcoming Christmas holiday. With a few modifications, I was also able to lighten up the recipe some without manipulating the great taste.
This dish is definite comfort food. Using reduced-fat products, almond milk vs whole milk, etc really goes a long way in terms of slimming down the recipe.
Don’t have an Instant Pot or pressure cooker? You can make this dish in a slow-cooker or on the stove and follow up with baking.
Instant Pot Green Bean Casserole
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup with Spinach
Instant Pot Caramel Apple Cider
Instant Pot Pumpkin Spice Sweet Potato Soup
Instant Pot Homemade Cranberry Sauce
Instant Pot Starbucks Gingerbread Latte
Instant Pot Skinny Pumpkin Spice Latte
Instant Pot Low-Carb Pumpkin Spice Bread
Instant Pot Lasagna
Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
How to Make Hard Boiled Eggs Using the Instant Pot
Instant Pot Chicken and Spanish Rice (Arroz Con Pollo)
Instant Pot Cheesecake
Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo Spaghetti Squash
Instant Pot Mongolian Beef
Instant Pot Steak Tacos
Instant Pot Chicken Taco Bowl with Quinoa
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Pasta
Pin this recipe for later here.
Instant Pot Cheesy Corn with Ham
- 4 oz cream cheese I used Reduced-Fat
- 2 12 oz bags frozen whole kernel corn
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk or almond milk
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 oz ham cut into cubes
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, chopped into chunks
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp water
- 1/3 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Turn the Instant Pot on the Saute function. Add the olive oil and cubed ham to the pot. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the corn, 1 cup of cheddar, cream cheese, broth, seasonings, butter, milk, and whipping cream to the pot. Close the lid on the pot and seal. Stir to combine. Cook for 8 minutes on Manual High-Pressure Cooking.
- Allow the steam to release naturally for 5 minutes instead of quick release.
- Remove the lid.
- Combine the water and flour in a small bowl to create a slurry. Pour the flour slurry into the pot and stir. The mixture should thicken.
- Place 1/2 of the cheesy corn in a casserole dish. Place the cheddar cheese chunks throughout. Sprinkle 1/2 of the shredded cheddar throughout.
- Top with the remaining cheesy corn. Sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese throughout.
- Bake in the oven for 5-8 minutes until the cheese bubbles.
- Cool before serving.