Click here to pre-order now!
Calories: 339 Fat: 8G Net Carbs: 22G Protein: 30G
Most of the country is dealing with sub-zero temperatures and/or snow right now. We could all use some great comfort food! The best thing about this recipe is that from start to finish you should be able to complete this dish in around 30 minutes. Say what?! Yes, 30 minutes.
One of the things that blew me away when I first got my Instant Pot was the ability to produce JUICY shredded chicken in 10 minutes. I made juicy, shredded chicken previously in my slow-cooker.
This is still an amazing way to produce shredded chicken. But, when it comes to weeknight dinners, if I didn’t pop in the chicken early that morning before rushing off to work, then there is no shredded chicken that night.
Can you make Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup Using Rotisserie Chicken?
Yes, in fact, that would save some time with this recipe. Simply skip the steps pertaining to the chicken.
More Instant Pot Recipes:
Instant Pot Apple Pie Steel Cut Oats
Instant Pot Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup
Instant Pot Spinach and Sausage Egg Bites
Instant Pot Chicken, Seafood, and Sausage Gumbo
Instant Pot Baked Creamed Cheesy Corn with Ham
Instant Pot Green Bean Casserole
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup with Spinach
Instant Pot Caramel Apple Cider
Instant Pot Meatball Sliders
Instant Pot Pumpkin Spice Sweet Potato Soup
Instant Pot Homemade Cranberry Sauce
Instant Pot Starbucks Gingerbread Latte
Instant Pot Skinny Pumpkin Spice Latte
Instant Pot Low-Carb Pumpkin Spice Bread
Instant Pot Lasagna
Instant Pot Shrimp Risotto with Vegetables and Parmesan
Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
How to Make Hard Boiled Eggs Using the Instant Pot
Instant Pot Chicken and Spanish Rice (Arroz Con Pollo)
Instant Pot Cheesecake
Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo Spaghetti Squash
Instant Pot Mongolian Beef
Instant Pot Steak Tacos
Instant Pot Chicken Taco Bowl with Quinoa
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Pasta
I prefer to pack up my prepped meals in glass food storage containers. I use this food storage set from Amazon. These also work great for freezing meals.
I am starting to swear by Better Than Bouillon! I have been using it in all of my soup recipes. Purchase it here from Amazon.
Pin this recipe for later here.
Have you seen the new Instant Pot Ace 60 Cooking Blender?
Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can low-sodium black beans
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 can diced tomatoes and chilis I used Rotel
- 1/2 lime juice of
- 32 oz low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp Better Than Bouillon Chicken Flavor
- 1/4 packet Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup tortilla strips
- 2 tsp cilantro chopped
- Place the Instant Pot on the saute function. Add the onions and garlic to the pot. Cook for 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the chicken breasts, chicken broth, Better than Bouillon, taco seasoning, and tomato paste to the Instant Pot.
- Close the pot and seal. Place the Instant Pot on Manual > High Pressure Cooking for 10 minutes.
- Allow the steam to naturally release for 10 minutes instead of performing a quick release.
- Remove the lid. Remove the chicken from the pot and shred using a knife and fork.
- Return the chicken to the pot. Place the Instant Pot on the saute function.
- Add the corn, beans, Rotel, and lime juice. Stir to combine. Allow the soup to cook for 3-4 minutes until the corn and beans have softened some.
- Serve in soup bowls. Top with tortilla strips, cilantro, and shredded cheese.