Yes, yes I know. I am clearly obsessed with the Instant Pot! This post is not sponsored by Instant Pot. I truly love this device. For those of you who do not have an Instant Pot or pressure cooker, I seriously encourage you to get one. A few of my friends took advantage this past week during the Amazon Prime Day sale. I am sure they will not regret it!
Can You Make Risotto in an Instant Pot?
Heck yes! Like most rice, risotto is a dish that usually takes 18-20 minutes to make. That is the rice by itself. With the Instant Pot you can cut this timing in half. Stay Snatched recipes are quick, easy, and great for on-the-go lifestyles.
The Instant Pot is a great gadget for quick weeknight dinners. This helps make it easy to whip up gourmet-ish style meals in a fraction of the time.
Now onto the risotto. I usually have risotto while dining out and usually at somewhat fancy restaurants. As a foodie, I am no stranger to this scene. Risotto is the perfect comfort food dish. I have had it prepped many different ways. This recipe is loaded with protein filled shrimp and nutritious green veggies.
How Do You Make Risotto in an Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker?
The Instant Pot does most of the work. Saute garlic and onions until they are soft. Next, add in butter, white wine, broth, and arborio rice. Pressure cook on high for 8 minutes.
What is Arborio Risotto?
Arborio rice is a high-starch, long-grained rice that is used for making risotto. It gets its name from the town of it’s origin. When cooked, the grain from the rice becomes creamy. Arborio rice can also be used for rice pudding.
How Do You Make Risotto Easy?
Use an Instant Pot! Seriously! Stovetop risotto requires a watchful eye.
For more Instant Pot Risotto Recipes check out 58 Things You Can Do in the Instant Pot.
Are you a mushrooms fan? You may also enjoy this version of Instant Pot Risotto.
More Instant Pot Recipes:
Instant Pot Baked Creamed Cheesy Corn with Ham
Instant Pot Green Bean Casserole
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup with Spinach
Instant Pot Caramel Apple Cider
Instant Pot Meatball Sliders
Instant Pot Pumpkin Spice Sweet Potato Soup
Instant Pot Homemade Cranberry Sauce
Instant Pot Starbucks Gingerbread Latte
Instant Pot Skinny Pumpkin Spice Latte
Instant Pot Low-Carb Pumpkin Spice Bread
Instant Pot Lasagna
Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
How to Make Hard Boiled Eggs Using the Instant Pot
Instant Pot Chicken and Spanish Rice (Arroz Con Pollo)
Instant Pot Cheesecake
Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo Spaghetti Squash
Instant Pot Mongolian Beef
Instant Pot Steak Tacos
Instant Pot Chicken Taco Bowl with Quinoa
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Pasta
Pin Me 🙂
You may also enjoy my Instant Pot Bacon Chicken Ranch Casserole.
Pin this recipe for later here.
Here is the Amazon link to the Onion Chopper Pro used in this recipe.
Instant Pot Lemon Shrimp Risotto with Vegetables and Parmesan
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup white onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine I recommend Pinot Grigio or Chardonnay
- 3 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup parmesan reggiano cheese shredded
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 7 oz asparagus chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 lemon juice of
- McCormick's Montreal Chicken seasoning to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp parsley chopped
- Turn the Instant Pot on to the saute' function. Wait about 1 minute for the Instant Pot to heat up. Pour 1 tsp of the olive oil in the pot.
- Add the onions and garlic. Cook until fragrant.
- Add the butter to the pot and melt. Add the rice to the pot. Stir for 1-2 minutes until the rice is coated in butter.
- Add the white wine. Deglaze the pot. Stir until coated.
- Add the chicken broth and Parmesan reggiano. Stir in the cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Place the lid on top and seal. Manually adjust the timer to Manual > High-Pressure Cooking > 8 minutes cook time.
- Prepare (devein and peel) and season the shrimp with chicken seasoning, salt, and pepper to taste while the risotto cooks.
- Quick release the steam.
- Adjust the Instant Pot to the sauté function. Add the shrimp, spinach, and chopped asparagus. Stir to ensure the bottom of the pot does not sear.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes until the shrimp is pink and the spinach has wilted.
- Stir all of the items in the pot.
- Drizzle with fresh lemon juice throughout. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Cool before serving.