Easy Keto Low-Carb Red Lobster Copycat Garlic Shrimp Scampi is a quick and easy recipe that provides step by step instructions on how to make restaurant quality garlic butter sauce with succulent shrimp, white wine, and parmesan cheese. You can even make the dish without white wine if you prefer.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
During my teen years and very early twenties, I loved dining out at Red Lobster. Today, I STILL love those cheddar bay biscuits. You seriously can’t shame me into disliking those!
Another favorite of mine from those days was their Garlic Shrimp Scampi. I always seemed to pair it with every dish I ordered. It’s prepared with juicy shrimp and a garlicy sauce. YES, please!
What’s great about this dish is, it’s perfect for the keto lifestyle. The garlic butter sauce is carb-free and loaded with fat to help assist with keto macros. You can even swap the butter out for ghee if you wish!
What’s in Shrimp Scampi Sauce?
The key components to a shrimp scampi sauce are butter, white wine, and garlic.
You can check out a Classic Shrimp Scampi Recipe here.
How Do You Make Garlic Butter Sauce for Shrimp Scampi?
Add garlic to a skillet. Cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
Add white wine, fresh lemon juice, Italian Seasoning, and optional red pepper flakes. Cook for 1-2 minutes. The wine sauce will start to bubble.
Add the butter to the skillet. Allow it melt.
Can You Make Shrimp Scampi Without Wine?
Yes, instead of using wine you can use equal parts of chicken or vegetable broth.
Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi Calories
Red Lobster Garlic Shrimp Scampi has 240 calories, 18 grams of fat, 4 net carbs, and 17 grams of protein. The macros are very comparable to the macros within this recipe.
How Does Red Lobster Make Their Shrimp Pasta?
Their recipe uses the same ingredients found in this recipe in addition to heavy cream and 8 ounces of pasta.
Check out tips on How to Peel and Devein Shrimp here.
More Keto Recipes
Keto Copycat PF Changs Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Keto Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte
Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole
Keto Peanut Butter Cookies
Keto Avocado Brownies
Keto Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Fat Bombs
Keto Pumpkin Spice Fat Bombs
This Starter Bundle is great for beginners, but also is a great deal for those who wish to get the most out of their keto lifestyle. The starter bundle includes 1) Keto Collagen, 2) MCT Oil Powder, 3) Ketone Testing Strips (test your ketosis levels), and 4) Exogenous Ketone Base. This is everything you will need!
Watch the video!
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon McCormick’s Montreal Chicken Seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter, microwave for 15 seconds to soften
- 1 cup white wine, use dry white wine with little sugar I used Pinot Grigio (If strict keto use chicken broth or vegetable broth)
- ½ lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- chopped parsley to garnish
- Season the shrimp with the chicken seasoning and salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add the olive oil to the skillet with the shrimp.
- Cook both sides of the shrimp for a total of 3-4 minutes until the shrimp turns bright pink.
- Remove the shrimp from the skillet.
- Add the garlic to the skillet. Cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the white wine, fresh lemon juice,Italian Seasoning, and optional red pepper flakes. Cook for 1-2 minutes. The wine sauce will start to bubble.
- Lower the heat and cook for 2 additional minutes
- Add the butter to the skillet. Allow it melt.
- Add the shrimp back to the pan. Allow the dish to cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with shredded Parmesan cheese and parsley.
The white wine plays a key role in the flavor of this dish. You can substitute it for broth, but it will not taste exactly the same.
Try to find the largest shrimp you can! I like to shop at Costco for mine.
The sauce is the KEY to the flavor of this dish. Dip every bite you take in the sauce for maximum flavor.
I prefer to remove the shell from the tails of the shrimp. It makes the dish easier to eat! For really nice presentation, I recommend to keep them on (as you can see in the photography of this dish). Do what works best for you!
McCormick Grill Mates Montreal Chicken Seasoning (Features a Savory Blend of All-Natural Herbs and Spices Like Garlic, Salt, Onion, Orange Peel, Paprika and Green Bell Pepper, Certified Kosher), 23 oz
McCormick Perfect Pinch Italian Seasoning, 6.25 oz
2 Pack Black Kitchen Tongs, Premium Silicone BPA Free Non-Stick Stainless Steel BBQ Cooking Grilling Locking Food Tongs, 9-Inch & 12-Inch
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 284 Total Fat 17g Carbohydrates 3g Protein 38g