This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
Instant Pot or Slow-Cooker Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup is a quick and easy copycat, pressure cooker or Crockpot recipe with potatoes, sausage, kale, and creamy broth. This makes the perfect meal for weeknight dinners, freezer meals, and advance meal prep.
I love Olive Garden. Yes, I am a foodie. Yes, I still love Olive Garden! Back in my high school days, Olive Garden was a great celebration spot for my friends and me. For special occasions, we went to Olive Garden. Fast forward many years and there are so many local, non-chain restaurants available that are actually REALLY good.
Calories: 317 Fat: 14G Net Carbs: 28G Protein: 15G
So Olive Garden took a back seat. I recently made a trip into to Olive Garden during the holiday break. I go home to Omaha, Nebraska each year.
My mom and I will usually go because she loves the soup, salad, and breadsticks. Of course, she always orders the Zuppa Toscana soup. It feels like a tradition for us.
I need a fix for this soup more than just once a year. I decided to whip out my Instant Pot to make that happen.
I lightened up the recipe by using a lot less whipping cream than you will find in the restaurant version. I paired with a little bit of almond milk.
Skim or whatever you prefer will also work just fine. This recipe still accomplishes the same great taste because the flavor heavily lies in the sausage and chicken broth.
More Instant Pot Recipes:
Instant Pot Spinach and Sausage Egg Bites
Instant Pot Chicken, Seafood, and Sausage Gumbo
Instant Pot Baked Creamed Cheesy Corn with Ham
Instant Pot Green Bean Casserole
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup with Spinach
Instant Pot Caramel Apple Cider
Instant Pot Meatball Sliders
Instant Pot Pumpkin Spice Sweet Potato Soup
Instant Pot Homemade Cranberry Sauce
Instant Pot Starbucks Gingerbread Latte
Instant Pot Skinny Pumpkin Spice Latte
Instant Pot Low-Carb Pumpkin Spice Bread
Instant Pot Lasagna
Instant Pot Shrimp Risotto with Vegetables and Parmesan
Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
How to Make Hard Boiled Eggs Using the Instant Pot
Instant Pot Chicken and Spanish Rice (Arroz Con Pollo)
Instant Pot Cheesecake
Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo Spaghetti Squash
Instant Pot Mongolian Beef
Instant Pot Steak Tacos
Instant Pot Chicken Taco Bowl with Quinoa
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Pasta
Are you looking for soup bowls similar to the bowls photographed above? Check out these soup bowls from Amazon.
Be sure to check out step by step video instructions here!
Pin this recipe for later here.
Instant Pot or Slow-Cooker Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup
- 1/2 pound low-fat sausage or chicken sausage Italian Sausage works best. Major win if you can find it reduced fat!
- 2 russet potatoes with the skin on sliced into medium-sized cubes
- 2-3 cups fresh kale stems removed
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 slices bacon or turkey bacon cooked and crumbled
- 16 oz low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk You can use any desired milk
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 cup water optional if needed
- parmesan for topping optional
- Turn the Instant Pot on the saute function. Add the olive oil to the pot. Add the sausage. Break the sausage into small pieces with a large spoon.
- Add the onions and stir. Cook for 1 minute. Add the garlic and stir. Cook until the onions are soft and fragrant.
- Add the chicken broth, oregano, and potatoes to the pot. Stir. If the broth does not completely cover the potatoes, add a small amount of water. The potatoes will need to be fully covered with liquid.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot. Set the pot to Manual High-Pressure Cooking for 5 minutes.
- Allow the steam to naturally release for 10 minutes instead of quick release.
- Remove the lid. Add the cooked bacon, whipping cream, almond milk, and kale to the pot. Turn the Instant Pot on the saute function. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the kale has wilted.
- Serve with shredded parmesan if desired.
- Cook the sausage in a skillet on medium-high heat with the olive oil. Add the onions and stir. Cook for 1 minute. Add the garlic and stir. Cook until the onions are soft and fragrant.
- Add the sausage mixture, chicken broth, oregano, and potatoes to the slow-cooker. Stir. If the broth does not completely cover the potatoes, add a small amount of water. The potatoes will need to be fully covered with liquid.
- Cook for 3-4 hours on High, 7-8 hours on Low. Add the cooked bacon, whipping cream, almond milk, and kale to the pot. Cook for 5-10 minutes until the kale has wilted.
- Serve with shredded parmesan if desired.
Nutrition (displayed with net carbs)