Easy Keto Low-Carb Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes is the best quick and healthy recipe using heavy whipping cream, cream cheese, parmesan, and garlic. It’s so smooth and creamy!
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS AND COMPREHENSIVE INSTRUCTIONS, PLEASE SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END OF THIS POST. BEFORE YOU SCROLL, THERE’S IMPORTANT INFORMATION IN THIS BLOG POST.
Sometimes I think I am the only person on earth who is head over heels for super starchy carbs. Most of my friends and family LOVE sugary desserts and carbs. I am super picky about dessert. I would much rather have a huge side of mashed potatoes and 3 biscuit rolls slathered in butter.
Thankfully, NOW I can still indulge my cravings for mashed potatoes. I make them with cauliflower instead!
How to Make Keto Cauliflower Mash
It’s actually really easy. You will need a head of cauliflower, garlic, butter, cream cheese, parmesan, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut the cauliflower into smaller pieces.
- Boil the cauliflower until it becomes tender.
- Add the cauliflower to a blender or food processor with the remaining ingredients and serve!
Can You Have Cauliflower on Keto?
Potatoes are really starchy and loaded with carbs. Cauliflower makes a great substitute. I used riced cauliflower for this Chicken Fried Cauliflower Rice recipe. Be sure to check it out!
Cauliflower is perfect for keto! It’s also loaded with so many health benefits! It contains vitamins C and K, which help keep your bones healthy. It also helps reduce blood pressure and strengthens your immune system.
Does Cauliflower Taste Like Mashed Potatoes?
The short answer is maybe. I don’t feel like potatoes taste like much. Potatoes are a lot more about texture in my opinion. They are thick and comforting. When prepared as mashed potatoes they are creamy, fluffy, and loaded with flavor. This cauliflower mash is, too!
The main difference is cauliflower mash is a lot less than thick potatoes. I see this as a bonus, because they will still feel you up, but you won’t need a nap afterward!
The garlic, cream cheese, and parmesan reggiano are KEY in this recipe. These ingredients really bring out the immense flavor.
How Many Carbs?
One head of cauliflower has 18 net carbs. This recipe has 6 net carbs per serving. Pair this dish with a juicy buttery, steak or grilled chicken to save on the remaining net carbs!
How to Make Loaded Cauliflower Mash
Loaded mashed potatoes usually include crunchy bacon, sour cream, and green onions. Load those up because they are keto-friendly!
More Keto Side Dishes
Popular Keto Recipes
Easy Keto Low-Carb Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
- 1 head of cauliflower
- salt to taste
- 2-3 roasted garlic cloves (not fresh) or 2 teaspoons minced garlic in a jar
- 1 oz cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese I prefer to use parmesan reggiano
- pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon chives fresh or dried
- Cut the cauliflower into smaller pieces. Do not cut the stems.
- Add the cauliflower to a large pot of water. Use enough water to cover the top of the cauliflower. I used about 2 cups and a medium-sized pot. Boil the water. Add salt to taste.
- Then cover the pot and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until the cauliflower is soft. I used a fork to poke and test when done.
- Remove the cauliflower from the pot, drain the water. Dry the cauliflower completely. I used paper towels.
- Add the cauliflower to a food processor or high-powered blender.
- Next add the garlic, cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, butter, cheese, and pepper to taste.
- Blend until the mixture becomes creamy. You may have to remove the lid and stir the mixture and blend again a couple of times, to get it fully mixed and creamy. You can also use an immersion blender.
- Serve the cauliflower mashed potatoes with chives.