Low-carb garlic creamed spinach is the perfect cure for my cravings! I typically order creamed spinach when I’m dining out at a steak house. It’s one of my favorite sides! This decadent recipe will pair well with pretty much any main dish. Greek yogurt has become a sidekick to a bunch of my recipes. It works well in most creamy dishes. It also packs a ton of protein. One cup of Greek yogurt has 20 grams of protein. Major win!
Calories: 138 Fat: 3G Net Carbs: 8G Protein: 11G
This creamed spinach feels like the ultimate cheat, but it really isn’t. The ingredients are simple. Spinach, Greek yogurt, cream cheese, and Parmesan are low-carb items.
- 10 oz . frozen spinach
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 3 oz . cream cheese
- 1 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Defrost frozen spinach in the microwave.
- Drain the excess water from the spinach.
- Add the spinach to a pan on medium-high heat.
- Add seasonings and cream cheese to the pan. Stir together until cream cheese has melted.
- Add Greek yogurt and Parmesan and mix together well until the creamed spinach is thick.
Nutrition (displayed with net carbs)