Keto Low-Carb Air Fryer Cilantro Lime Marinated Chicken Thighs is a quick and easy, healthy recipe that includes the cook time, temperature, and instructions for how long to cook fried chicken thighs using a Cook Essentials air fryer, Power Air Fryer, or any brand. You can use bone-in, boneless, fresh, or frozen chicken thighs.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS AND COMPREHENSIVE INSTRUCTIONS, PLEASE SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END OF THIS POST. BEFORE YOU SCROLL, THERE’S IMPORTANT INFORMATION IN THIS BLOG POST.
Serving size = 1 chicken thigh Calories: 209 Fat: 15G Net Carbs: 1G Protein: 18G
Macros are provided as a courtesy and calculated using MyFitnessPal. Calculate your specific macros using the exact brand ingredients you use and the macros calculator of your choice.
Is anyone else obsessed with their air fryer? The air fryer delivers the perfect level of crisp and crunch to all of my favorite foods. I had to try chicken thighs in the air fryer because chicken thighs are naturally juicy. They are also loaded with so much flavor!
Best of all chicken thighs are perfect for a keto, low-carb, and high-fat lifestyle. So yes, chicken breasts will work just fine for this recipe. I used chicken thighs to load up on the fat for macro purposes.
How Long Do You Cook Chicken Thighs in AirFryer? How Long Do You Cook Chicken Thighs in an Actifry or Power Air Fryer?
I typically cook chicken thighs in the air fryer for 20-22 minutes. I always use a Meat Thermometer. The chicken should cook until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
If you use a thermometer you will be able to gauge the timing no matter what air fryer brand you have.
How Do You Cook Chicken Thighs in an Air Fryer? How Do You Fry Chicken in an Air Fryer?
I first like to marinate the chicken. This provides so much flavor. I prefer to marinate overnight. I recommend a minimum of at least 2 hours.
After marinating, load the chicken thighs into the air fryer and cook on 400 degrees.
Can You Use Frozen Chicken Thighs?
Yes, you can use frozen chicken thighs. You may have to allow more time. You will still cook the chicken at 400 degrees until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
Are Chicken Thighs Good for Keto Diet?
Chicken thighs are perfect for a keto lifestyle because chicken thighs are high fat and perfect for macros.
What Temperature Should I Air Fry Chicken Thighs?
I fry chicken at 400 degrees.
WATCH THE VIDEO!
Air Fryer Cilantro Lime Marinated Chicken Thighs (Keto and Low-Carb)
- You can choose to marinate the meat ahead of time or season the meat right before cooking. Personally, I prefer to marinate the chicken for at least 2 hours (to overnight) beforehand.
- Drizzle the olive oil, fresh lime juice, and soy sauce (or liquid aminos) over both sides of the chicken thighs.
- Season the chicken with the chicken seasoning, salt, and pepper to taste. I like to add the chicken to a sealable plastic bag first and toss the chicken in the seasonings to evenly coat.
- Toss the cilantro into the bag. Marinate for 2 hours to overnight.
- Place the chicken in the air fryer basket. You shouldn’t need to spray the basket with oil as the chicken is coated in olive oil, but do so, if you wish.
- Cook the chicken for 10 minutes on 400 degrees. Open the air fryer and flip the chicken. Cook for an additional 10-12 minutes.
- Total cook time will vary, as each air fryer brand cooks differently. Use a meat thermometer to assess when the chicken has finished cooking. The chicken is ready when it has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees. In addition, I like to cook it until the skin becomes tender.
- Open the air fryer and remove the chicken. Cool before serving.
- TIP: For added lime flavor retain the other half of the lime to squeeze fresh lime juice throughout the chicken.