Air Fryer Chicken Breast (Lemon Garlic) is a quick and easy healthy recipe that produces juicy, tender breasts. This dish is keto, low carb and is marinated and prepared with no breading. You can use boneless or bone-in, frozen or fresh meat. No need for baked chicken when you use your air fryer! You won’t even miss grilled!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS AND COMPREHENSIVE INSTRUCTIONS, PLEASE SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END OF THIS POST. BEFORE YOU SCROLL, THERE’S IMPORTANT INFORMATION IN THIS BLOG POST.
Making chicken breast in the air fryer is so simple! You pretty much season it, drop it in and let the machine do the work. It comes as no surprise chicken is my favorite thing to whip up. You may also enjoy my Air Fryer Buttermilk Fried Chicken, Air Fryer Cilantro Lime Chicken Thighs and Air Fryer Fried Chicken Wings recipes.
This recipe will work well for Nuwave, Power Air Fryer XL, or any air fryer brand.
This recipe is so delectable, you probably won’t miss grilled chicken! You can essentially grill chicken right in your kitchen using the air fryer.
How to Cook Chicken Breast in Air Fryer
- Season the chicken breasts. I use a lemon garlic marinade, chicken seasoning, salt and pepper. You can marinate the chicken overnight, but it’s totally optional.
- Place the chicken breasts in the air fryer.
- Air fry for 10 minutes. Flip the chicken.
- Air fry for an additional 10-12 minutes until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Use a meat thermometer.
- Cool before serving.
What Temperature Do You Cook Chicken Breasts?
I like to use 360 degrees.
How Long to Cook Chicken Breast in Air Fryer
Air fry the chicken for a total of 20-22 minutes. The exact time will vary for each air fryer brand. Cook the chicken until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Use a meat thermometer.
How Do You Cook Bone-In Chicken Breast in the Air Fryer?
Bone-in chicken breasts will follow similar cook times and prep as the boneless chicken breasts that are used in this recipe.
Can You Stack Chicken in the Air Fryer
I don’t like to stack any chicken in the air fryer. It results in longer cook times and it makes it difficult for the food to cook evenly. Cook in batches if necessary.
Can You Cook Chicken Breast in the Air Fryer? How to Cook Frozen Chicken Breast in Air Fryer
Frozen chicken breasts will need 24-28 minutes to cook. Once the chicken has melted some, you can add the seasonings and return it to the air fryer.
More Chicken Breast Spices and Marinade Ideas
These chicken breasts can be seasoned and marinated in so many ways.
Air Fryer Chicken Breast (Lemon Garlic)
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless chicken breasts I like to use cage-free, organic
- 3 tablespoons lemon garlic marinade I use Tessamae's Organic Lemon Garlic. You can also use 1/2 fresh lemon and 2-3 minced garlic cloves
- McCormick's Grill Mates Montreal Chicken Seasoning to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Coat the chicken in the lemon garlic marinade. If you are making your own, rub the lemon and garlic into the chicken. Coat both sides. Season with chicken seasoning, salt, and pepper to taste.
- You can marinate the chicken overnight, but it's not required. Marinating typically results in more juicy chicken.
- Cook for 10 minutes on 360 degrees.
- Open the air fryer and flip the chicken. Cook for an additional 10-12 minutes until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Each air fryer brand will cook at a different rate and speed. Use a meat thermometer to test.
- Cool before serving.