Easy Air Fryer Kale Chips is a quick snack recipe that’s also low carb and keto friendly. Serve these with grated parmesan cheese for flavor. You can also make the chips with no oil if you wish.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS AND COMPREHENSIVE INSTRUCTIONS, PLEASE SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END OF THIS POST. BEFORE YOU SCROLL, THERE’S IMPORTANT INFORMATION IN THIS BLOG POST.
Are Kale Chips Healthy?
Kale is loaded with healthy vitamins and minerals, these include beta-carotene and vitamin C. It can also help lower cholesterol. You can read more about The Benefits of Kale here.
To keep the chips on the healthy side be sure to use an oil that’s loaded with healthy monounsaturated fat like olive oil or avocado oil. You can also make these without oil.
How to Make Kale Chips in Air Fryer
- Decide if you want to make the chips with or without oil. I toss my fresh kale in a tablespoon of olive oil and then sprinkle salt and pepper throughout.
- Place the kale on the air fryer basket. Air fry for 5 minutes.
- Open the air fryer and toss the kale. Cook for an additional 2 minutes and open and sprinkle parmesan throughout.
- Air fry for an additional 2-3 minutes or until crisp.
Air Fryer Temperature
I like to use 270 degrees.
Air Fryer Cook Time
I like to use a total cook time of about 10 minutes. Adjust your timing based on how crisp you want the chips to be.
How to Keep Kale Chips From Flying Around in Air Fryer
With my Cosori Air Fryer I did not have this problem, but every air fryer brand is different. If you have an air fryer with a really loud motor, this may happen.
Oil Free Kale Chips in Air Fryer
You can omit the olive oil used in the recipe and the kale will still crisp. Olive oil provides more flavor and an additional crunch.
Air Fried Kale Chips Calories
The chips have 61 calories per serving.
How Do You Keep Kale Chips Crispy?
If you store the chips in plastic bags they will lose their crisp and may become soggy. I recommend using a vacuum sealer. This is the one I recommend. You can also store the chips in paper as opposed to plastic.
Air Fryer Appetizer Recipes
More Air Fryer Recipes
Click here for a complete listing of Air Fryer Recipes.
Easy Air Fryer Kale Chips
- In a large bowl, combine the kale and olive oil and sprinkle the salt and pepper to taste throughout.
- Place the kale in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry the kale on 270 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Open the air fryer and shake the basket. Cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Open the air fryer and sprinkle the parmesan cheese throughout. Cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- To garnish the chips you can sprinkle additional grated cheese.
- Kale will wilt down a ton. It may look like you are adding a lot to the air fryer basket, but it will wilt.
- With my Cosori Air Fryer I did not have a problem with the kale flying around in the air fryer, but every air fryer brand is different. If you have an air fryer with a really loud motor, this may happen.To prevent it, place a trivet over the kale chips to keep them from flying around. If you have an air fryer grill basket that will work, too.