Quick and Easy Air Fryer Salmon is the best fish fillet recipe for your Phillips, Power XL, or Nuwave model. This is a healthy air-fried recipe that is low-carb and keto friendly. This salmon has crispy edges and is glazed with olive oil or garlic butter.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS AND COMPREHENSIVE INSTRUCTIONS, PLEASE SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END OF THIS POST. BEFORE YOU SCROLL, THERE’S IMPORTANT INFORMATION IN THIS BLOG POST.
Can you cook fish in an air fryer? Absolutely! My 3 Ingredient Air Fryer Catfish is a hit! Overall, seafood works really well in the air fryer. I have also made Panko Breaded Bang Bang Shrimp and Shrimp Po Boys.
My catfish recipe is breaded, however, you can make fish with no breading in the air fryer, too! The great thing is, it doesn’t take long for seafood recipes to cook! They are ready in no time. This salmon will measure up to any grilled fish recipe.
If you are looking to make salmon patties in the air fryer, you can follow the linked recipe and the same cook times noted below.
Is Salmon Good in the Air Fryer
Cooking salmon is wonderful in the air fryer! It cooks the fish to the perfect texture. I like salmon that is moist and flaky. I’m not a fan of dry salmon.
Best Type of Salmon to Use in the Air Fryer
I like to use Wild Caught Alaskan Salmon. It has a beautiful bright color and a buttery taste. Alaskan salmon is the most healthy type to purchase. The fish consume a natural diet and are lower in calories and fat. I used the Alaskan salmon from Thrive Market because it’s reasonably priced and you can get meat and seafood delivered right to your doorstep.
Salmon that is sourced from the Atlantic is usually farmed. Farmed means antibiotics and food coloring (to give it a pink color) are used. This adds harmful chemical additives to the fish. So I usually try to look for Alaskan salmon.
You can read more about What Type of Salmon is the Healthiest to Eat here.
How to Cook Salmon in Air Fryer
- First, decide how you want to season the salmon. One of my favorite methods to use is lemon pepper seasoned salmon. I also always use a seafood seasoning when preparing seafood. I love Primal Palate.
- You should also coat the salmon in oil. I like to use olive oil, but avocado oil and butter will work well too. Coat the salmon in oil and seasonings. Rub the seasoning into the salmon.
- I leave the skin on the salmon. The air fryer will produce tender, flaky salmon. The skin will come right off when it’s cooked.
- Air fry the salmon.
How Long Do I Cook Salmon in Air Fryer
The time to cook salmon in the air fryer is minimal. Mine was ready in 10 minutes. Each air fryer brand is different and will cook at a different speed. I use the Power Air Fryer. Your salmon may need to cook for 10-12 minutes.
What Temperature Do You Cook Salmon in the Air Fryer?
I use 360 degrees because it’s the best temperature to use if you don’t want to overcook the salmon. Overcooked salmon is dry and lacks flavor.
Can You Use Frozen Salmon in the Air Fryer?
If you are using frozen salmon, raise the temperature on the air fryer to 390 degrees and cook them for 8 minutes. Monitor the salmon closely. Overall, I recommend using fresh salmon. It will yield better results.
How to Reheat Air Fryer Salmon
For leftovers, I reheat the salmon in the air fryer for 4 minutes on 360 degrees.
Other Salmon Seasonings and Flavors:
You can use a couple of teaspoons of any of the following, to substitute lemon pepper seasoning
Quick and Easy Air Fryer Salmon
- 1 pound salmon, sliced into fillets I use Wild Caught Alaskan Salmon
- 1 fresh lemon Half of the lemon is used for the juice to marinate the salmon. Slice the other half of the lemon into slices to garnish the salmon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Primal Palate seafood seasoning
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt to taste
- Pat salmon dry completely using paper towels.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a bowl. Add in 1/2 lemon (juice from the lemon) and stir.
- Brush the mixture onto the salmon.
- I leave the skin on the salmon fillets because it will peel right off once the salmon is cooked. Leaving the skin on will help prevent the salmon from drying out. Season the salmon with the spices and salt, and be sure to focus on the top edge as well as the left and right sides of each piece. Rub the spices into the salmon. This will prevent them from "sitting on top" of the salmon as it cooks. You want it to penetrate.
- Line the air fryer basket with parchment paper. Place the salmon on the parchment paper.
- Air fry the salmon for 10-12 minutes on 360 degrees. Mine was ready right at 10 minutes. Use a meat thermometer and test that the inside of the salmon has reached 140 degrees.
- Allow the salmon to rest for 3-5 minutes before serving.
- Garnish the salmon with lemon slices.
Other Salmon Seasonings and Flavors:You can use a couple of teaspoons of any of the following, to substitute lemon pepper seasoning Cajun Seasoning Smoked Paprika Mediterranean Seasoning
Nutrition (displayed with net carbs)