Easy Air Fryer Loaded Baked Sweet Potatoes is a quick recipe that will show how long to cook whole sweet potatoes in the air fryer. Use sweet potatoes or yams and load them up with butter, cinnamon, and honey. You can add brown sugar, too!
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
Can You Cook Sweet Potatoes in an Air Fryer?
Absolutely! I like to use the Instant Pot or the air fryer for sweet potatoes because the process is painless in comparison to the oven. If I’m going to use sweet potatoes inside another recipe, I use my Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes. If I want to eat sweet potatoes as a side-dish and load them up, I use the air fryer.
How to Make and Cook Sweet Potatoes in the Air Fryer
- Grab your sweet potatoes and rub them in olive oil.
- Load them into the air fryer basket.
- Air Fryer
Cook Time and How Long to Cook
I give my sweet potatoes 40 minutes to cook.
Air Fryer Temperature
I recommend either 380 or 400 degrees. 400 degrees will cook faster, but sometimes it results in dark spots on the outside of the potato.
How To Soften Sweet Potatoes
The sweet potatoes will soften the longer you cook them. I like to test if they are soft enough by piercing each with a fork. If it glides through the skin easily, it’s soft enough for me.
Why Do Sweet Potatoes Leak?
Sweet potatoes leak due to sap, which is a mix of water and starch.
Do Sweet Potatoes Need to be Soaked in Water?
Air Fryer baked sweet potatoes do not need to be soaked in water. Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries do need to be soaked in water to remove excess starch. Be sure to click the link to check out my recipe.
Popular Air Fryer Recipes
More Air Fryer Vegetable Recipes
Easy Air Fryer Loaded Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Rub the sweet potatoes with olive oil
- Place the sweet potatoes in the air fryer. Cook for 40 minutes on 400 degrees.
- Remove the sweet potatoes from the air fryer and allow them to cool.
- Slice them open and load 1 teaspoon of butter and honey and 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon into each.
- Cooking time may vary because every air fryer brand is different. You can poke the potatoes with a knife to test if they are done. The inside of the sweet potato should be soft.