Easy Air Fryer Loaded Baked Sweet Potatoes is a quick recipe that will show how long to cook sweet potatoes in the air fryer. Use sweet potatoes or yams and load them up with butter, cinnamon, and honey. You can add brown sugar, too!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
Can You Cook Sweet Potatoes in an Air Fryer?
Absolutely! I like to use the Instant Pot or the air fryer for sweet potatoes because the process is painless in comparison to the oven. If I’m going to use sweet potatoes inside another recipe, I use the Instant Pot method. If I want to eat sweet potatoes as a side-dish and load them up, I use the air fryer.
How Long Does It Take to Air Fry Sweet Potatoes? How Long Do You Cook a Sweet Potato in the Air Fryer?
I give my sweet potatoes 40 minutes to cook.
How Long Does It Take to Cook Potato in Airfryer?
I like to cook baked potatoes for 35 minutes. Be sure to check out my Air Fryer Loaded Baked Potatoes recipe.
I usually cook fries for at least 20 minutes. Check out my Air Fryer Homemade French Fries recipe.
How Do You Cook Sweet Potatoes in an Air Fryer?
It’s actually quite easy. Grab your sweet potatoes and poke a few holes in the top. Load them in the air fryer. Cook on 380 degrees for 40 minutes.
Do Sweet Potatoes Need to be Soaked in Water?
Air Fryer baked sweet potatoes do not need to be soaked in water. Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries do need to be soaked in water to remove excess starch. Be sure to click the link to check out my recipe.
More Air Fryer Vegetable Recipes
Get your Air Fryer Printable Cooking Charts and Cheat Sheets here! These are great to have on hand for reference. The charts include the cook time for fresh and frozen chicken, beef, seafood and vegetables.
Easy Air Fryer Loaded Baked Sweet Potatoes
- 2 medium-large sweet potatoes
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Poke a few holes in the top of each of the sweet potatoes.
- Place the sweet potatoes in the air fryer. Cook for 40 minutes on 380 degrees.
- Remove the sweet potatoes from the air fryer and allow them to cool.
- Slice them open and load 1 teaspoon of butter and honey and 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon into each.
- Cooking time may vary because every air fryer brand is different. You can poke the potatoes with a knife to test if they are done. The inside of the sweet potato should be soft.