Easy Crab and Parmesan Stuffed Salmon is the best, baked seafood recipe tutorial for how to cook stuffed salmon using crab meat. Serve this crab topped fish alongside your favorite side dishes. Feel free to add in shrimp if you wish! You can even serve it blackened.
This post was originally published in December 2017. It has since been updated.
This crab stuffed salmon with jumbo lump crab meat, cream cheese, and parmigianno reggiano is less work than it looks and sounds! As mentioned in previous posts, I am on a quest to cut down on wasting food. I am focused on being very strategic with how I plan my meals. So far, it has actually been easy!
I shop at Costco to purchase things like organic chicken breasts and Atlantic salmon in bulk. The chicken comes with 12 chicken breasts. I freeze the breasts and that amount usually makes several meals. I typically buy two and a half pounds of salmon, which will usually make two meals, at four to five servings each.
Last week, I made Baked Salmon with Whole Wheat Farfalle and Asparagus. The leftover salmon calls for Crab Stuffed Salmon this week.
Slicing the slits in the salmon can look intimidating. I felt the same way about stuffed chicken breast recipes. With a careful hand, it is painless!
I LOVE the bubbly crab mixture that bursts from the top of each filet. This recipe provides a quick and easy way to whip up a gourmet quality meal in little to no time. I paired the salmon with brown rice and quinoa and a side of steamed veggies.
How to Cook Crab Meat Stuffed Salmon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the cream cheese, crab, Greek yogurt, Worcestershire, parmesan reggiano, and garlic in a bowl.
- Slice a large slit into each salmon fillet.
- Stuff the crab mixture into the slits in the salmon.
- Season the salmon and bake.
- Cool before serving.
How to Make Stuffed Salmon with Crab and Shrimp
If you wish to add shrimp to the recipe, add it when the crab is added. The remaining steps will stay the same.
How Long to Cook Stuffed Salmon
Bake the salmon covered in parchment paper for 10 minutes. Remove the parchment paper and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
Easy Crab and Parmesan Stuffed Salmon
- 16 oz salmon
- 1/4 pound lump crab meat
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup parmigianno reggiano cheese
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- McCormick's Grill Mates Chicken Seasoning or Salmon Rub salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 365 degrees.
- Heat the cream cheese in a bowl in the microwave for 20 seconds to soften.
- Combine the cream cheese, Greek yogurt, crab meat, garlic, Worcestershire, and 1/4 cup of the cheese in a bowl. Stir.
- Spread olive oil onto both sides of the salmon. Make cuts/slices into each of the pieces of salmon without cutting through the entire piece.
- Stuff the crab, Greek yogurt, and cheese mixture into each of the slits.
- Combine the seasonings in a bowl and mix.
- Season the salmon with the seasonings.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup cheese over the salmon.
- Sprinkle paprika over the top of the cheese.
- Spray a baking pan with cooking spray.
- Add the salmon to the baking pan and cover with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the parchment paper and bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool. Serve!