These Easy Air Fryer Fifteen Minute Crab Cakes are so quick to make! If you are a fan of Maryland jumbo lump crab cakes, you will love this recipe! Freeze these for later and reheat them easily from frozen.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
This post was originally published in 2017. It has since been updated.
Old Bay crab cakes are one of my favorite seafood dishes. Every time I visit the DMV area (usually during my visits to Washington D.C.) I have to get my fix of Maryland crab cakes. They are so yummy.
This is such a quick and easy recipe. You combine all of the ingredients. Use your hands to form patties and then let the Air Fryer do the rest of work.
I have made crab cakes several times before. This was my first time testing them out in the Air Fryer. If you don’t have an Air Fryer, be sure to check out my Crab Cake Sliders recipe. The ingredients are exactly the same.
What Type of Crab to Use
I prefer to use jumbo lump crab meat. You can use any real crab meat. Crab meat can be found in the refrigerated aisle of the grocery store. Sometimes you will have to ask the butcher for it. I do not recommend imitation crab or canned crab.
How to Make Air Fryer Crab Cakes
- Combine crab meat, breadcrumbs, Old Bay Seasoning, red peppers, green peppers, mayo, and lemon juice.
- Use your hands to form 4 patties.
- Dust the top of each with flour and spray with cooking oil.
- Air fry.
Air Fryer Temperature
I recommend 370 degrees.
How Long to Cook/Cook Time
Cook for 10 minutes.
You can freeze these up to 3 months. Reheat in the air fryer on 370 degrees for 6-8 minutes until warm.
Popular Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Seafood Recipes
More Crab Recipes
Pin this recipe for later here.
Air Fryer Crab Cakes
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking oil.
- Mix all of the ingredients together, with the exception of the flour.
- Form the mixture into 4 patties. Apply a dash of flour to each of the patties.
- Place the crab cakes in the Air Fryer. Spray the crab cakes with cooking oil.
- Cook for 10 minutes on 370 degrees.
- Cool before serving.