Hot Cajun Baked Cream Cheese Old Bay Seafood Crab Dip is a healthy, keto, low-carb recipe with jumbo lump crab meat, white cheddar cheese, a dash of red pepper flakes. This dish is perfect for game days, tailgates, holiday, Thanksgiving, and Christmas parties and events!
This hot cream cheese crab dip is just in time for party and game day season. And let me be the first to tell you, it is to die for!
Calories: 120 Fat: 6G Carbs: 2G Protein: 13G
These are my favorite chips for dipping. Great find at Trader Joe’s! If you’re keto, pair the dip with fresh celery and cauliflower.
With the holidays approaching, I wanted to put together a few recipes and dips that are tasty and will not distract from healthy eating initiatives. Gatherings with friends and family are notorious for binge eating. I am VERY guilty of this. As a foodie, I look forward to these types of gatherings largely because of the food.
How Do You Make Hot Crab Dip?
You will need to purchase lump crab meat. You can find it in the refrigerated meat section of the grocery store. You will also need cheeses. I love parmesan reggiano for extra flavor. You can also use mozzarella if you want the cheese to have a lot of “pull.” You combine all of your ingredients and bake!
Can You Make Hot Crab Dip Ahead of Time?
Yes. If you are planning to make the dip ahead of time, store it in an air-tight container for up to a couple of days. I recommend reheating in the oven for optimal taste. The microwave will work as well.
How Do You Make Creamy Crab Dip?
The key to getting the dip to have a creamy texture lies in the ingredients. I use cream cheese and Greek yogurt (you can also use sour cream) to help give the inside of the dip a creamy texture. The shredded cheese that you use will help as well.
If you enjoy seafood and crab be sure to check out my Crab Cakes recipe here.
Hot Cream Cheese Old Bay Seafood Crab Dip
- 1/2 pound lump crab meat
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup white cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup muenster cheese chopped in small chunks
- 2 tbsp green onions chopped
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 lemon juice of
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the cream cheese in a small bowl. Microwave for 20-25 seconds to soften.
- Combine the cream cheese and Greek yogurt in a medium-sized bowl. Mix well.
- Add the remaining ingredients, but only 1/2 of the cheese (reserve a tablespoon of green onions for the topping). Mix well.
- Spray a casserole dish (small) with cooking spray.
- Add the dip.
- Top with the shredded cheese. Place remaining chunks of muenster cheese throughout the pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Sprinkle the remaining green onions throughout.