Air Fryer Pizza Rolls is a quick and easy homemade recipe with sausage, pepperoni, and gooey melted mozzarella cheese. Trade in the deep fried Totinos bites for these healthy snacks. This post includes instructions on cook time and how long to cook frozen rolls.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Can you air fry pizza rolls? Yes, absolutely! Anything you make in the oven can be prepared in the air fryer. You may also enjoy my Air Fryer Pepperoni Pizza recipe.
This recipe is a hit among both kids and adults! It is kid-friendly and gives you an option to toss aside the Totinos pizza rolls which may contain preservatives. You can directly control the ingredients you are consuming by making your own right at home using the air fryer.
How to Make and Cook Pizza Rolls in an Air Fryer
- Place a skillet on medium-high heat with olive oil and onions. Saute until translucent and fragrant.
- Add the sausage and seasoning. Break down the sausage using a meat chopper.
- Add in the marinara, pepperoni, and mozzarella cheese. Stir to combine until the cheese has melted.
- Lay wonton wrappers on a flat surface and wet each edge with water using a cooking brush.
- Load 3/4 of a tablespoon of filling onto one edge of each wrapper.
- Seal each shut and spray with cooking oil.
- Air fry.
Air Fryer Temperature
I air fry the rolls on 370 degrees.
How Long Do You Cook and Put Pizza Rolls in an Air Fryer
I like to cook the rolls for 8 minutes and then flip and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Total time will vary based on how crisp you want the bites to be. I like for them to be crunchy.
Do You Have to Preheat the Air Fryer?
This will vary based on the air fryer model you use. Always read the manual that comes with the air fryer. If the manufacturer suggests preheating, then preheat.
How to Cook Pizza Rolls Without Them Exploding
Monitor the pizza rolls closely. I’ve made a similar recipe in the air fryer for Air Fryer Crab Rangoon. As such, these rolls have a similar cook time and required temperature.
However, every air fryer model will cook differently. Monitor the pizza rolls and check in on them to prevent them from exploding.
How Do You Keep Pizza Rolls From Getting Soggy
Reheat the pizza rolls in the air fryer instead of the microwave. If they are soggy spritz them with a small amount of oil and try again.
How to Make Frozen Pizza Rolls in the Air Fryer
I recommend that if you aren’t going to eat the pizza rolls right away, then you freeze them. These cook up wonderfully from frozen, which makes them a great make-ahead snack or side dish.
I reheated frozen pizza rolls in the air fryer on 370 degrees for 4-5 minutes.
Air Fryer Appetizer Recipes
More Air Fryer Recipes
You may enjoy dipping these in my Homemade Keto Ranch Dressing.
Click here for a complete listing of Air Fryer Recipes.
Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onions I like to use red onions.
- 1/2 pound ground sausage
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup pepperoni
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 64 wonton wrappers The pizza rolls will be double wrapped
- cooking oil spray
- Place a skillet on medium-high heat and add the olive oil onions.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the onions are translucent and fragrant.
- Add the sausage, Italian Seasoning, salt and pepper, and break it down using a meat chopper. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the sausage is no longer pink.
- Add in the garlic, marinara sauce, pepperoni, and mozzarella. Reduce heat to medium and allow the mixture to cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Line the wonton wrappers (double wrap the wrappers and use 2 wonton wrappers to prevent the rolls from breaking) on a dry cooking surface. Use water and a cooking brush to wet the 4 edges of each wonton wrapper.
- Load each wrapper with the filling. Focus on loading the filling toward one edge of the wrapper. That will make it easier to seal. I used 3/4 of a tablespoon of filling in each.
- Seal the wrapper. I like to seal them to make a rectangle. Use a wet cooking brush to seal the closed edge if needed.
- Spray the rolls with cooking oil spray (both sides) and place them in the air fryer. Do not overcrowd the basket. If you stack the pizza rolls, it may require a longer cook time and each roll may not cook at the same speed. I like to use Air Fryer Parchment Paper to make clean up easier.
- Air fry the rolls for 8 minutes on 370 degrees. Open and flip the rolls. Cook for an additional 3-5 minutes.
- I love to dip these in warm marinara sauce.
- You may opt use egg roll wrappers instead of wonton wrappers, if you have trouble sealing the wrappers. Every brand of wonton wrappers is different to deal with and handle. If you use egg roll wrappers you will have to adjust your serving size and nutrition facts accordingly using the calculator of your choice.
- Total cook time will vary based on how crisp you want the bites to be. I like for them to be crunchy.