Easy Air Fryer Parmesan Breaded Fried Chicken Tenders (Strips) is a quick recipe that includes cook time for how long to cook crispy, crunchy chicken fingers (including frozen) using a Nuwave, Philips, or Power Air Fryer. Want to make keto chicken tenders without breading? Simply omit the breadcrumbs.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS AND COMPREHENSIVE INSTRUCTIONS, PLEASE SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END OF THIS POST. BEFORE YOU SCROLL, THERE’S IMPORTANT INFORMATION IN THIS BLOG POST.
There’s really nothing better than fried chicken! I can eat it in all forms. These parmesan breaded chicken tenders are no exception. What I love most is they are so quick and easy to make!
Can You Air Fry Chicken?
Absolutely! Air fryer chicken is amazing because it produces crispy chicken with little to no oil. Check out my Air Fryer Buttermilk Fried Chicken Wings, Air Fryer Buffalo Wings, and Air Fryer Thai Chili Chicken Wings.
How Long Do You Cook Chicken Tenders in an Air Fryer?
I cook mine for 15 minutes, about 7 or 8 minutes each side.
How Long Do You Air Fry Frozen Chicken Tenders in an Air Fryer?
I suggest 15-18 minutes for frozen cook time. Each air fryer brand is different. Cook time will vary based on the brand that you use.
How Do I Cook Chicken Cutlets in the Air Fryer?
The cook time and temperature for air fryer chicken cutlets is similar to the instructions noted below for chicken tenders.
How Long Should You Air Fry Chicken?
Cook time will vary based on what type of chicken you are preparing. I typically cook chicken wings and thighs for 20-22 minutes. Chicken tenders and nuggets will only need about 15 minutes cook time.
These will pair wonderfully with Air Fryer Grilled Cheese, Air Fryer Quesadillas, Air Fryer Ribs, Air Fryer Cheeseburgers, Air Fryer Homemade Fries, Air Fryer Zucchini Chips or Air Fryer Panko Breaded Bang Bang Shrimp. Be sure to check out these recipes.
More Air Fryer Chicken Recipes
Easy Air Fryer Parmesan Breaded Fried Chicken Tenders (Strips)
- 1 pound skinless, chicken breast sliced/ cut into strips
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese I used freshly grated.
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs You can use any breadcrumbs (Italian Seasoned, panko, etc.)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooking oil spray I used olive oil
- Place the breadcrumbs, eggs, and flour in separate bowls.
- Add the grated parmesan, Italian Seasoning, salt and pepper to taste to the bowl with the breadcrumbs. Stir.
- Coat the sliced chicken breasts in flour, then egg, and then the breadcrumbs.
- Spray both sides of the chicken tenders with cooking oil.
- Add the chicken tenders to the air fryer basket. Cook for 8 minutes on 400 degrees.
- Open the basket and flip the tenders. Cook for an additional 6 to 8 minutes or until the chicken tenders are crisp. Exact cook time will vary based on the air fryer brand that you use. Check in on the tenders to monitor the appropriate cook time necessary.