Air Fryer Thai Chili Fried Chicken Wings are just in time for the upcoming Superbowl. Chicken wings are a must as an appetizer for game days. There are so many different variations to choose from. I always expect to see a huge spread of chicken wings at every Superbowl Party.
Calories: 202 Fat: 11G Net Carbs: 10G Protein: 12G
Here is a link to the Air Fryer that I use.
Last week I conducted a survey among my Air Fryer email subscribers. If you haven’t subscribed to Stay Snatched, be sure to do so! There should be a purple banner at the top of your screen or a sign-up box to the right in the sidebar if you are on a desktop. If you are on mobile, just continue scrolling to the very bottom. You can find a sign-up box there.
In the survey, I listed 3 potential Air Fryer recipes that I had considered making and placing on the blog. The Thai chili chicken wings was a huge favorite. So here we are!
I remember falling in love with the Thai chili chicken wings at Houlihan’s Restaraunt years ago. Those wings were one of my favorite appetizers on their menu. In Kansas City, Houlihan’s was a go-to spot for happy hour years ago. They had amazing pitchers of Long Island Iced Teas for a very small price. In hindsight, I am sure I would probably hate these drinks today. I imagine the drinks are loaded with sugar!
Nonetheless, this recipe was inspired by my Houlihan’s experience. I love to fry chicken wings in my Air Fryer. I still cannot believe how crunchy the chicken wings are without deep frying.
Here is a link to the rice wine vinegar used in this recipe.
More Air Fryer Recipes:
Air Fryer Fried Shrimp Po Boy
Air Fryer Old Bay Crab Cakes
Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks
Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Breaded Fried Chicken Wings
Air Fryer Parmesan Truffle Oil Fries
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries with Garlic Truffle Aioli
Air Fryer Sriracha Honey Bourbon Fried Chicken Wings
Air Fryer 3 Ingredient Fried Catfish
Air Fryer Bang Bang Panko Breaded Fried Shrimp
Air Fryer Apple Cinnamon Dessert Empanadas
Air Fryer Beef Taco Fried Egg Rolls
Air Fryer Thai Chili Fried Chicken Wings
- 16 chicken wings drummettes (party wings)
- cooking spray I prefer to use olive oil or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/2 cup flour
- McCormicks Grill Mates Chicken Seasoning to taste
Thai Chili Marinade
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender. Blend for 45-60 seconds or until the mixture is of liquid consistency.
- Wash and pat dry the chicken. Place the chicken in a Ziploc bag and drizzle the buttermilk over the chicken. Season the chicken with the chicken seasoning. Place the Ziploc bag in the fridge to marinate for at least 30 minutes. I prefer overnight.
- Once the chicken has marinated, add the flour to a separate Ziploc bag. Add the chicken to bag with the flour.
- Shake to thoroughly coat the chicken.
- Spray the Air Fryer pan with cooking oil. I love to use olive oil or coconut.
- Using tongs, remove the chicken from the bag and place on the air fryer pan. It's ok to stack the chicken on top of each other. Spray cooking oil over the top of the chicken.
- Set the timer on the air fryer for 5 minutes at a temperature of 400 degrees.
- Allow the chicken to cook for 5 minutes. Remove the pan and shake the chicken to ensure all of the pieces are fully cooked. You can also turn each piece of chicken onto the other side using tongs.
- Allow the chicken to cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pan. Glaze each piece of chicken with the Thai Chili marinade using a cooking brush.
- Return the chicken to the Air Fryer. Cook for 7-10 minutes. I allowed my chicken to cook for 10 minutes. Use your judgment here. Each Air Fryer brand is different. You can check in on your chicken at the 5-minute mark to ensure it has fully cooked on the inside.
- Cool before serving.