Air Fryer Crispy Buffalo Chicken Hot Wings is a quick and easy recipe that uses a marinade and dry rub to perfectly season the chicken. The best thing about making your own wings is you decide whether you prefer mild or spicy!
I just can’t get enough of my air fryer! Fried chicken has always been one of my favorite foods.
What Type of Chicken to Use
I love to use party wings that are already split as opposed to whole chicken wings. Party wings will cook at a more even temperature. Feel free to use whole chicken wings if you like.
How to Make Air Fryer Buffalo Wings
Detailed measurements and full instructions can be found in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- I love to marinate chicken wings. This helps add flavor to the chicken and produces so much flavor. If you wish to marinate, drizzle the soy sauce over the chicken in a Ziploc bag.
- Next, add the spices and shake. Remove all of the air from the bag and seal. Store in the fridge for at least an hour to overnight.
- You can make these wings as spicy as you wish.
- Cook the chicken to your desired level of crunch. Every air fryer is different. The same exact cooking time isn’t going to work for every brand.
How to Make Breaded Wings
You can use 1-2 tablespoons of baking powder or 1/3 cup to 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour (enough to fully coat the chicken).
How to Reheat the Wings
The best way to reheat wings is on the grill or in the air fryer or oven. You can microwave if you wish. You can use the same cook temperature and reheat the wings until warm.
Leftover wings can be frozen for up to 3 months. Defrost in the fridge overnight and follow the instructions above to reheat.
Can You Use Other Types of Chicken?
- Consider marinating your chicken wings.
- You can make the chicken wings as spicy as you like or not spicy at all.
- Pay attention to the state of the chicken while cooking and determine how long it will need to cook.
How to Tell the Chicken Has Finished Cooking
Use a meat thermometer ensure the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
I pair these with my Homemade ranch dressing. It can be really frustrating to search for a ranch dressing that is low-sugar. So why not make your own?
I combined a handful of ingredients, many of which I had on hand at home, and it turned out perfectly! I actually prefer this dressing to store-bought and I wish I had come up with this recipe sooner!
More Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Homemade Pop Tarts
Air Fryer Southern Style Pork Chops
Air Fryer Fried Shrimp Po Boy
Air Fryer Old Bay Crab Cakes
Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks
Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Breaded Fried Chicken Wings
Air Fryer Parmesan Truffle Oil Fries
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries with Garlic Truffle Aioli
Air Fryer Sriracha Honey Bourbon Fried Chicken Wings
Air Fryer 3 Ingredient Fried Catfish
Air Fryer Bang Bang Panko Breaded Fried Shrimp
Air Fryer Apple Cinnamon Dessert Empanadas
Air Fryer Beef Taco Fried Egg Rolls
Keto Low Carb Chicken Wings (Maple BBQ)
Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings
Crispy Ranch Chicken Wings
Air Fryer Turkey Wings
Air Fryer Spatchcock Chicken
Air Fryer Crispy Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Drizzle the soy sauce over the chicken. This will help produce juicy chicken and adds flavor.
- Season the chicken with the onion powder, garlic powder, and pepper to taste.
- Place the chicken in the air fryer basket. Cook in batches if necessary. Do not stack.
- Air fry for 15 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Open the air fryer and flip the chicken. Cook for an additional 5-10 minutes. Ensure the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Use a meat thermometer.
- Remove the chicken from the air fryer. Glaze each piece of chicken with buffalo wing sauce.
- If you prefer sauce that is baked into the wings, return the chicken to the air fryer. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Cool before serving.
- Follow the same seasoning instructions above.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes on 375 degrees until the chicken is crisp.