This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
Air Fryer Apple Cinnamon Dessert Empanadas (Hand Pies) is a quick and easy low-fat recipe that makes the perfect treat for any occasion. Even the kids will love them! Less than 20 minutes of cook time!
Click here to pre-order now!
Back at it again with the Air Fryer. I have made empanadas a couple of times before. Be sure to check out my Beef and Cheese Empanadas and Shrimp Red Pepper Cream Cheese Empanadas recipes. I love these recipes but wanted to test out an Air Fryer version….and this time DESSERT!
Calories: 164 Fat: 5G Net Carbs: 28G Protein: 3G
This is the brand I used.
My other empanadas recipes are baked, so they are also low in fat. I will say the Air Fryer did not yield different results than baking. Both methods result in crispy and crunchy empanadas. The cooking time is similar in both instances.
So if you do not own an Air Fryer feel free to bake these on 425 degrees for 20 minutes.
Pin Me 🙂
More Air Fryer Recipes:
Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Breaded Chicken Wings
Air Fryer Beef Taco Fried Egg Rolls
Air Fryer Bang Bang Panko Breaded Fried Shrimp
Air Fryer 3 Ingredient Fried Catfish
Air Fryer Sriracha Honey Bourbon Fried Chicken Wings
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries with Garlic Truffle Aioli
Air Fryer Parmesan Truffle Oil Fries
Air Fryer Apple Cinnamon Dessert Empanadas
- Place a saucepan on medium-high heat. Add the apples, cinnamon, nutmeg, honey, and vanilla. Stir and cook for 2-3 minutes until the apples are soft.
- Mix the cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Add to the pan and stir. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Lay the empanada wrappers on a flat surface. Add the apple mixture to each.
- Close the empanadas. Roll the empanada in half. Pinch the crust along each of the edges. Roll each of the sides inward. Continue to twist the crust until closed.
- Add the empanadas to the Air Fryer basket. It's ok to stack the empanadas.
- Place the Air Fryer on 400 degrees. Cook for 8 minutes.
- Turn and flip the empanadas. Cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Cool before serving.