Air Fryer Blueberry Muffins are a quick and easy way to save time for breakfast or dessert. This healthy, homemade recipe is made with a mix from scratch using my favorite silicone muffin cups. They don’t stick to anything! You can even air fry banana muffins if you wish.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS AND COMPREHENSIVE INSTRUCTIONS, PLEASE SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END OF THIS POST. BEFORE YOU SCROLL, THERE’S IMPORTANT INFORMATION IN THIS BLOG POST.
What is the difference between an air fryer and a convection oven? The hot air in an air fryer is not directly blown around the food. An air fryer’s heat is presented above the food. Because air fryers are smaller they will also cook at faster speeds. This is great because these muffins are ready in 15 minutes!
How to Bake and Cook Muffins in the Air Fryer
- You will need to apply simple baking techniques by combining the dry ingredients, flour, rolled oats, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and sweetener in a bowl separate from the wet ingredients, melted butter, eggs, vanilla, and milk.
- Mix both separately and then combine. Stir.
- Fold in the bluberries.
- Add the batter to silicone muffin molds.
- Air fry.
Air Fryer Temperature
I like to use 350 degrees. Feel free to lower the temperature to meet the needs of your air fryer model.
How Long to Bake Muffins in the Air Fryer
The muffins will need to bake for 11-15 minutes. Insert a toothpick to test when they have finished cooking.
Can You Use Silicone Baking Cups or Paper Cups in an Air Fryer?
How to Store Air Fryer Muffins
Store the muffins in a sealable container or bag in the fridge for up to one week.
Freeze the muffins in a sealable container or bag. Defrost at room temperature before reheating.
Air Fryer Breakfast Recipes
More Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Blueberry Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose or white whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats (oatmeal)
- 1/2 cup brown sweetener Light brown sugar can be used if preferred
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup melted unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 2 eggs (at room temperature)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup blueberries You can use fresh or frozen blueberries. If using frozen, do not thaw.
- Combine the flour, rolled oats, salt, cinnamon, brown sweetener, and baking powder in a large mixing bowl. Mix.
- Combine the milk, eggs, vanilla, and butter in a separate medium-sized bowl. Mix using a silicone spoon.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients in the mixing bowl. Stir.
- Fold in the blueberries and stir.
- Divide the batter among 12 silicone muffin cups and add them to the air fryer. Spraying the liners with oil is optional. The muffins generally don't stick.
- Place the air fryer on 350 degrees. Monitor the muffins closely for proper cook time, as every model will cook differently. The muffins will need to cook 11-15 minutes. Insert a toothpick into the middle of a muffin, if it returns clean the muffins have finished baking. Mine were ready at about 13 minutes.
- If the muffins brown too fast on the top, you can lower the temperature on your air fryer.
- Nutrition information below assumes organic zero-calorie brown sweetener is used in the recipe.