This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
Air Fryer Loaded Hash Browns is a quick and easy vegetarian and vegan potatoes breakfast recipe. This dish is loaded with red and green peppers, and onion. This dish is low-calorie and low-fat but does not compromise on the restaurant, local diner quality taste.
Click here to purchase on Amazon.
So I am back at it again with the air fryer. If you do not own one, why not?! Click the link above and join me on this journey. I will have plenty more air fryer recipes on the agenda this year. Stay tuned.
I LOVE potatoes. I am pretty much a fan of all carbs. Carbs are just so darn comforting!
So of course, I am a huge fan of the breakfast hash browns served by fast-food establishments. These hash browns are unhealthy and loaded with fat, but sheesh they taste so freaking good!
Help me out, air fryer! Let’s take Chick-fil-A as an example. I really hate to call out Chick-fil-A because I love the customer experience they provide. They are always so nice!
But, it has to be done. One serving of hash browns from Chick-fil-A has 240 calories and 13 grams of fat. I am less concerned with the calories and more concerned with the fat.
Potatoes do not have much fat. The fat in hash browns lies in the oil or grease used to fry them. Using the air fryer will save 15 grams of fat. All hail, the air fryer.
I added a little flavor to these hash browns with peppers and onions. Feel free to add your favorites! You could also go the extra mile and smother them with cheese if you wish.
That will definitely create truck stop hash browns or also mimic the hash browns you will find in the infamous Waffle House. Using the air fryer still cuts the fat tremendously, even with added cheese.
More Air Fryer Recipes:
Air Fryer Homemade Pop Tarts
Air Fryer Southern Style Pork Chops
Air Fryer Fried Shrimp Po Boy
Air Fryer Old Bay Crab Cakes
Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks
Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Breaded Fried Chicken Wings
Air Fryer Parmesan Truffle Oil Fries
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries with Garlic Truffle Aioli
Air Fryer Sriracha Honey Bourbon Fried Chicken Wings
Air Fryer 3 Ingredient Fried Catfish
Air Fryer Bang Bang Panko Breaded Fried Shrimp
Air Fryer Apple Cinnamon Dessert Empanadas
Air Fryer Beef Taco Fried Egg Rolls
There is so much you can do with the Air Fryer with additional accessories. Check these out!
Pin this recipe for later here.
Love your air fryer, click here for a full listing of Air Fryer Recipes.
Air Fryer Loaded Hash Browns
- Grate the potatoes using the largest holes of a cheese grater.
- Place the potatoes in a bowl of cold water. Allow the potatoes to soak for 20-25 minutes. Soaking the potatoes in cold water will help remove the starch from the potatoes. This makes them crunchy.
- Drain the water from the potatoes and dry them completely using a paper towel.
- Place the potatoes in a dry bowl. Add the garlic, paprika, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine the ingredients.
- Add the potatoes to the air fryer.
- Cook for ten minutes on 400 degrees.
- Open the air fryer and shake the potatoes. Add the chopped peppers and onions. Cook for an additional ten minutes.
- Cool before serving.