Keto Low-Carb Breakfast Bacon and Cheese Egg Muffins (Bites) are quick and easy cups loaded with your favorite meat and veggies. If you are looking for a carb-free, no-carb breakfast, you can use ham, spinach, or whatever works best. Hold the meat if you prefer vegetarian. These muffins are freezer-friendly, great for meal prep, or keto snacks on-the-go. This post includes the best low carb breakfast ideas.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS AND COMPREHENSIVE INSTRUCTIONS, PLEASE SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END OF THIS POST. BEFORE YOU SCROLL, THERE’S IMPORTANT INFORMATION IN THIS BLOG POST.
Let this 21 Day Fall and Winter Meal Plan do all of the heavy lifting for you! It includes: Recipes: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and Snacks, Grocery List (itemized and weekly), Grocery Budget Spreadsheet, Trader Joe’s and Costco Grocery List, Vegetable Freezing Chart, Ice Cream Recipes, What to Order at Fast Food Restaurants, Low Carb Keto Lifestyle Background, how ketosis works, and how to stay in ketosis, Low Carb Dining Out Guide (what to order), and a Low Carb Travel Guide (how to travel and stay low carb).
These low-carb egg muffins are perfect for meal prep breakast. I like to cook up a batch on Sundays and store them in the fridge for the remainder of the week. These bites are also freezer-friendly, so if you’re in the mood to batch cook, make a bunch and freeze them for later!
If you don’t meal prep, don’t worry! These bites take 30 minutes to prepare. You can whip them up in the morning, too!
How Do I Cook Eggs in a Muffin Tin?
This process is so simple. Simply combine the egg muffin ingredients in a bowl.
Spray the muffin tin with cooking spray.
Add the bacon (or other meat if used) and shredded cheese to the tins.
Pour the egg mixture into each and then bake!
How Long Will Egg Muffins Keep?
The egg muffins should keep for 1 week in the refrigerator. I usually shoot for 5 days.
How Do You Reheat Egg Muffins?
I like to use the microwave for 25-30 seconds. You can also use a toaster oven.
Can You Eat Egg Muffins Cold?
Yes, you can eat them cold. I prefer to heat them while warm with melted cheese.
Can I Freeze Egg Muffins?
Absolutely! These egg muffins freeze well. I recommend defrosting them before reheating.
How Do You Make Egg Frittata in Muffin Tins?
Check out my Egg White Frittata recipe here.
Low-Carb Breakfast Ideas:
Click here for a complete listing of Keto Low-Carb Recipes.
The keto lifestyle can sometimes cause me to get dizzy and have brain fog. It can be really hard to focus. Each night before bed I like to drink bone broth. Kettle and Fire is my favorite brand. They have beef and chicken flavors. I add a little liquid aminos and hot sauce for flavor. You can sip it from a mug or eat it like a miso soup in a bowl.
I add 1 tablespoon of MCT oil to my coffee in the morning. This helps add additional fat to support keto macros and also helps with keto flu.
- 12 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 slices of Butcher Box bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 medium red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, I used smoked cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl with the salt and pepper to taste.
- Spray a 12 capacity muffin tin with cooking oil. I like to use olive oil.
- Pour the eggs into each tin, only fill each about halfway.
- You can toss the bacon, onions, peppers, and mushrooms in a bowl if you like, to mix them up and add them to each of the tins. Or you can just divide each equally into each of the muffin tins. Place the veggies on top of the eggs.
- Top with the shredded cheese.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes or until the eggs are set. Mine were ready at 16 minutes. If you like your eggs more firm, give them additional time.
- Cool completely before serving. If you remove the egg bites too soon the edges of the bites will be left behind in the muffin tin.
- Scroll below to watch the full recipe video.
This recipe makes 12 egg bites. Divide the ingredients in half for less egg bites.
Instead of buying pre-shredded cheese I purchase block cheese and shred it with a cheese grater. It melts and tastes so much better than pre-shredded!
Feel free to use any flavor of cheese you wish.
These bites are freezer friendly. I defrost them overnight before use.
The bites will keep in the refrigerator for 5 days.
I've found it's much cleaner and easier to make this recipe using silicone muffin mold liners. Eggs usually stick the muffin tin. These don't stick to the silicone and are much easier to clean.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 egg muffins Serving Size 1 egg muffin
Amount Per ServingCalories 144 Total Fat 11g Carbohydrates 2 netg Protein 10g