This post is sponsored by AllWhites, but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
This Post-Workout Egg White and Bacon Frittata Protein Recipe is a quick and easy high protein recipe with fresh vegetables, and feta cheese. Frittata is an Italian dish similar to an omelet or quiche with added meat, cheese, and vegetables.
Calories: 141 Fat: 3G Net Carbs: 3G Protein: 26G
Are you ready to explore a recipe that is high in protein, but low in calories, fat, and carbs? Well pull up a chair, and stay a while! This recipe uses AllWhites®, which are a convenient, fat-free, cholesterol-free, and low-calorie source of lean protein. This dish is easy to whip up and so tasty you will devour it after your workout.
My workout routine has been pretty consistent for several years now. I work out four to five times per week. I do a mix of cardio, weightlifting, and hot yoga. With spring on the rise, I will be turning my attention back to outdoor running. The winter has been so cold and harsh here in Kansas City! I cannot wait to get back into my outdoor running schedule.
I am a morning person. I function so much better in the wee hours of the morning than I do at night. Morning workouts are so much better for me. I typically work out at 5:30 AM for 45 minutes to an hour. Those morning workouts leave me starving! A nutritious post-workout breakfast with a lot of protein is crucial.
AllWhites contains 100% real liquid egg whites. Each serving contains 5 grams of protein, 0 grams of fat and only 25 calories, making it perfect for post-workout fuel. This frittata recipe has 26 grams of protein. That is definitely great for my macros!
This recipe is simple to make and should be easy for you to incorporate into your healthy living regimen.
Are you looking for more high protein recipes? Be sure to check out these recipes:
Healthy Egg White Muffins
Protein Packed Power Smoothie
Spinach Feta Egg White Bites
Eggtastic Mediterranean Energy Bowl
Naturally Sweetened Creamsicle Smoothie
Power Protein Poached Egg Whites
Strawberry Protein Pancakes
Simply answer this question in the comments below: What are you using protein to fuel? Is it your favorite hobby, workout, activity, etc? Share your response in the comments below and you will be entered to win.
Post-Workout Egg White and Bacon Frittata Protein Recipe
- 12 AllWhites® egg whites This is 2 1/4 cups
- 3 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup green peppers chopped
- 1/2 cup red peppers chopped
- 4 tablespoons feta crumbled
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. You can use a standard skillet, but a cast iron skillet will work best for this recipe.
- Add the red and green peppers to the cast iron skillet. Cook for 2 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Next, add the cooked and crumbled bacon and feta cheese. Stir to combine the ingredients.
- Pour the egg whites into the skillet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the cast iron skillet in the oven. Bake for 10 minutes or until the egg whites are completely set in the center of the pan.
- Cool before slicing and serving.