Easy Air Fryer French Toast Sticks is a quick recipe for a sweet breakfast that everyone will love! These fried bites are also freezer friendly! Pop them in the air fryer and cook from frozen for a simple meal prep meal.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS AND COMPREHENSIVE INSTRUCTIONS, PLEASE SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END OF THIS POST. BEFORE YOU SCROLL, THERE’S IMPORTANT INFORMATION IN THIS BLOG POST.
Can you put French toast sticks in the air fryer? Absolutely! Deep-fried French toast sticks are delicious! I grew up eating them, the store-bought kind that comes in a box. With the air fryer, you can make them pretty quickly and it’s very easy!
A lot of people have gotten rid of kitchen appliances because you can even make toast in the air fryer! Use any of your leftover Texas toast to make regular toast.
How to Make Air Fryer French Toast
- Grab a loaf of Texas Toast bread. Cut each slice into 3 individual sticks.
- Add an egg, melted butter, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla to a bowl large enough to dredge the French toast.
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking oil.
- Dredge each stick in the batter and place them in the air fryer basket. Do not overcrowd.
- Spray with cooking oil spray and air fry.
Air Fryer Temperature
I recommend 370 degrees.
A cook time of 10-12 minutes seems to be the sweet spot. You will want to flip them halfway through. Total cook time will vary based on the air fryer brand you use and how crispy you want the French toast. Crispy results will take longer.
How to Make Frozen French Toast Sticks in the Air Fryer
You can freeze these homemade sticks after air frying. I recommend you freeze them in a tightly sealed container or bag.
To cook them from frozen, cook for 15 minutes (flip at the halfway mark) on 370 degrees.
How to Keep the Air Fryer From Sticking
Be sure to spray the air fryer basket with cooking oil. I like to use this Oil Spray Bottle from Amazon and I typically use olive or avocado oil. This will keep the batter from sticking to the basket. You can also use Air Fryer Parchment Paper.
More Air Fryer Breakfast Recipes
Click here for a complete listing of Air Fryer Recipes.
I like to drizzle them in Monkfruit Organic Zero Calorie Maple Syrup. You can use Discount Code STAYSNATCHED to save.
Easy Air Fryer French Toast Sticks
- Cut each slice of bread into 3 strip pieces.
- Add the beaten egg, sweetener, cinnamon, milk, and vanilla to the bowl with the melted butter. Stir to combine.
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking oil spray.
- Dredge each piece of bread in the French toast batter. Be careful not to dredge each stick in too much batter. You may run out of batter if so.
- Place the French toast sticks in the air fryer basket. Do not overcrowd.
- Spray with cooking oil.
- Air Fry for 8 minutes on 370 degrees.
- Open the air fryer and flip the French toast. Cook for an additional 2-4 minutes or until crisp.
- I like to drizzle them in Monkfruit Organic Zero Calorie Maple Syrup. You can use Discount Code STAYSNATCHED to save.
- Total cook time of 10-12 minutes seems to be the sweet spot. You will want to flip them when they start to crisp. Total cook time will vary based on the air fryer brand you use and how crispy you want the French toast. Crispy results will take longer.