Easy Air Fryer Lemon Pound Cake Dessert is a quick recipe that will show you how to make a cake from scratch in an air fryer! Baking a healthy cake is a cinche using a cake pan, bundt pan, or ramekins and your Power Air Fryer, Phillips, Nuwave, or any air fryer brand.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS AND COMPREHENSIVE INSTRUCTIONS, PLEASE SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END OF THIS POST. BEFORE YOU SCROLL, THERE’S IMPORTANT INFORMATION IN THIS BLOG POST.
Can you bake in an air fryer? Yes, absolutely! This is just another reason why I love this appliance.
You can use a cake tin, baking pans, etc. You can use a box cake mix or make a healthy dessert recipe from scratch, like this one. The best thing about using the air fryer is there is no need to preheat an oven!
You may also love my Air Fryer Apple Empanadas Dessert recipe.
How to Bake and Make a Cake in an Air Fryer
- You will need the right equipment. I used a 6 cup bundt pan I grabbed from Amazon. Grease the pan really well, using something like that Pam Cooking Spray for Baking.
- Add flour, salt, and baking powder to a medium bowl.
- Cream butter and sweetener together in a mixing bowl.
- Add in eggs and mix.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet along with vanilla, lemon juice, Greek yogurt, and lemon zest. Mix.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan.
- Air Fry.
Air Fryer Temperature
I use 320 degrees.
How Long to Bake a Cake in the Air Fryer
The cake will need to bake for 30-35 minutes.
Can Steel Utensils Be Used in an Air Fryer?
Can baking paper be used in an air fryer? Can you put a glass bowl in an air fryer? An air fryer is pretty similar to a convection oven. Anything that you can put in your oven, can be used in the air fryer. And yes, you can also use ramekins in the air fryer.
How to Properly Measure Flour
Never toss your measuring cup into a bag of flour to measure it. You will end up with a lot more flour this way, and thus the recipe will not turn out well.
I add a batch of flour to a glass bowl. I then take a spoon and fluff out the flour. You want to get some air in the flour.
From there, I scoop out the flour into a measuring cup using the spoon. You can read more about How to Measure Flour here.
How to Cream Butter
When you cream butter for baking, you incorporate air into the batter to give it a fluffy texture.
You cream butter by combining it with sweetener and mixing the two until it becomes fluffy. Always use butter at room temperature. That will make it really easy to cream. You can read more about How to Cream Butter here.
If you are looking for a keto low-carb recipe, check out my Keto Pound Cake.
If you are making this cake for the holidays, be sure to check out my Air Fryer Thanksgiving Recipes.
Popular Air Fryer Recipes
Click here for a complete list of my Air Fryer Recipes.
Easy Air Fryer Lemon Pound Cake Dessert
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup softened butter at room temperature
- 1 cup sweetener
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Confectioner's Sweetener Optional for dusting
- Combine the flour, salt, and baking powder in a medium bowl.
- Add the butter and sweetener to a mixing bowl. Use a hand mixer (or standing mixer) to cream the butter. Mix until creamy.
- Add in 2 eggs and mix with the hand mixer. Add in the remaining eggs, and mix.
- Add the dry flour mix, lemon zest, lemon juice, yogurt, and vanilla to the mixing bowl. Blend until the batter is smooth.
- Pour the batter into the bundt pan.
- Cover the bundt pan with foil. Air fry for 15 minutes on 320 degrees.
- Open the air fryer and remove the foil. Air fry for an additional 15-20 minutes. Test if the cake is finished by inserting a toothpick. Ensure it returns clean. Mine was ready around 35 minutes.
- Allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes.
- Place a cake stand over the bundt pan and flip the bundt pan to release the cake.
- Every air fryer will cook at varying speeds. Monitor your cake closely to determine it has finished cooking.
- This recipe does not have an overpowering lemon taste. If you like a lot of lemon flavor, consider adding more juice and zest to the recipe.
- You can use whatever sugar or sweetener you wish in the recipe. The serving will remain the same.
- The macros counted below assume the recommended sweetener above is used in this recipe.