Air Fryer Honey Glazed Baked Ham is a quick and easy recipe that will show you how to make boneless or bone-in ham in the air fryer. You can even whip up country ham steaks. Serve these juicy slices for weeknight dinners or during the holidays and for Thanksgiving.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS AND COMPREHENSIVE INSTRUCTIONS, PLEASE SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END OF THIS POST. BEFORE YOU SCROLL, THERE’S IMPORTANT INFORMATION IN THIS BLOG POST.
Cooking ham in the air fryer is so easy and painless. If you have ever baked a precooked spiral ham in a convection oven, you are going to love the air fryer method!
You can even whip up country ham steaks by slicing the ham up prior to glazing and throw it in the air fryer.
What Type of Ham to Use
Look for a ham that’s fully cooked and around 3 to 4 pounds. A 5-pound ham would not fit in my air fryer without slicing it down some. The size ham you may want to use will vary based on the air fryer model you own.
If you don’t want the hassle of slicing up the ham, look for one that is pre-sliced. You can also decide if you want a bone-in ham or a boneless ham.
I find boneless hams to be more convenient, but with a bone-in ham, you can save the ham bone to make other meals like Instant Pot Split Pea Soup.
How to Bake a Ham in the Air Fryer
- Combine brown sweetener, honey, and ground cloves in a saucepan on medium heat. Stir until combined.
- Glaze the ham and wrap the ham in foil.
- Air fry for 40 minutes.
- Remove the foil and glaze again. Air fry for 5 minutes.
How Long to Cook Ham in the Air Fryer
I used a 4-pound ham and cooked it for a total of 40 minutes prior to applying the additional glaze to fully brown the ham. I recommend that you adjust your cook time to 10 minutes per pound, based on the size of your ham.
Air Fryer Temperature
Start with 300 degrees. To lock in the brown sugar, honey glaze use 400 degrees for 5 minutes.
What Size Air Fryer I Used
I use the Cosori Air Fryer, 5.8 quart, because I think it’s the best air fryer on the market. I love the size and it has amazing cook speed.
Air Fryer Holiday and Thanksgiving Recipes
More Holiday Recipes
Be sure to check out my post on 20 Quick and Easy Air Fryer Holiday Recipes.
Air Fryer Honey Glazed Baked Ham
- If your ham comes with netting you can leave it on during the initial cooking process. Glaze the ham using a cooking brush with about 1/4 of the honey glaze mixture and wrap the hame tightly in foil.
- Place the foil-wrapped ham on the air fryer basket. Air fry for 40 minutes on 300 degrees.
- Open up the air fryer and remove the foil and the netting from around the ham. Glaze the ham again. (I had to warm the glaze for 15 seconds in the microwave). I like to reserve about 1/4 of the glaze mixture here to drizzle over the individual ham slices. Feel free to do what works best for you.
- Air fry the ham for an additional 5 minutes on 400 degrees.
- Remove the ham from the air fryer. Allow the ham to rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing.