Click here to order now!
This 14 Day Meal Plan will transform the way you use your air fryer! The plan includes full recipes with calories, fat grams, and ingredients and detailed instructions for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for 14 days. The plan also includes itemized grocery lists and a guide with tips for how to clean your air fryer, how to keep breading intact while frying, and tips on how to cook with a small air fryer. Click here to grab yours today!
This recipe provides a lightened-up way to enjoy a down-home comfort food meal with the great taste of soul food cooking.
If you enjoy fried pork chops, you will love my Air Fryer Parmesan Breaded Fried Chicken Wings, Air Fryer Buttermilk Fried Chicken, Air Fryer Homemade French Fries, and Air Fryer Panko Breaded Shrimp recipes.
How Do You Cook Pork Chops in the Air Fryer?
- First, season the pork chops. You can either use bone-in pork chops or boneless. I opted for boneless because it is my preference and easier to eat.
- Dip the pork chops into buttermilk and then coat with flour. Creating a brine using buttermilk will produce crunchy, fried pork chops. If you would like to make pork chops with no breading, omit the flour.
- Place the pork chops in the air fryer.
- Air fry.
How Do I Fry Boneless Pork Chops?
Boneless pork chops follow the same cook time as bone-in.
How Long Do You Cook Pork Chops in the Air Fryer?
For really crispy pork chops you can cook them up to 20 minutes. If you prefer for your pork chops to be juicy, opt for lower cook time, such as 12-15 minutes in the Air Fryer.
What Temperature Do You Air Fry Pork Chops?
I like to fry them at 380 degrees.
How Long Do You Air Fry Pork Chops?
After testing this recipe a few times, I prefer to cook the pork chops for around 20 minutes. This provides the perfect crunch for me. I pair my pork chops with Louisiana Hot Sauce or I eat them on toasted bread with mayo as a sandwich.
How Do You Reheat Breaded Air Fryer Pork Chops?
I like to reheat leftover pork chops in the air fryer for 4-5 minutes on 400 degrees. Test how warm the pork chop is prior to serving.
Can You Stack Meat and Pork Chops in the Air Fryer?
I do not recommend you stack the pork chops in the air fryer. It will limit the meat from cooking evenly and will result in longer cook times. Cook in batches if needed.
More Air Fryer Recipes:
Air Fryer Homemade Pop Tarts
Air Fryer Fried Shrimp Po Boy
Air Fryer Old Bay Crab Cakes
Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks
Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Breaded Fried Chicken Wings
Air Fryer Parmesan Truffle Oil Fries
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries with Garlic Truffle Aioli
Air Fryer Sriracha Honey Bourbon Fried Chicken Wings
Air Fryer 3 Ingredient Fried Catfish
Air Fryer Bang Bang Panko Breaded Fried Shrimp
Air Fryer Apple Cinnamon Dessert Empanadas
Air Fryer Beef Taco Fried Egg Rolls
Pin this recipe for later here.
Air Fryer Fried Pork Chops Southern Style
- 4 pork chops (bone-in or boneless)
- 3 tbsp buttermilk I used fat-free
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Seasoning Salt to taste You can also use either a chicken or pork rub. I used McCormick's Montreal Chicken Seasoning
- pepper to taste
- 1 Ziploc bag
- cooking oil spray
- Pat the pork chops dry.
- Season the pork chops with the seasoning salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the buttermilk over the pork chops.
- Place the pork chops in a Ziploc bag with the flour. Shake to fully coat.
- Marinate for 30 minutes. This step is optional. This helps the flour adhere to the pork chops.
- Place the pork chops in the air fryer. I do not recommend you stack. Cook in batches if necessary.
- Spray the pork chops with cooking oil.
- Cook the pork chops for 15 minutes on 380 degrees. Flip the pork chops over to the other side after 10 minutes.