This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
This post was originally published in 2017. It has since been updated.
This recipe provides a lightened-up way to enjoy a down-home comfort food meal with the great taste of soul food cooking.
If you enjoy fried pork chops, you will love my Smothered Pork Chops, Air Fryer Parmesan Breaded Fried Chicken Wings, Air Fryer Buttermilk Fried Chicken, Air Fryer Homemade French Fries, and Air Fryer Panko Breaded Shrimp recipes.
How to make Air Fryer Fried Pork Chops
Detailed measurements and full instructions can be found in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- First, season the pork chops. You can either use bone-in pork chops or boneless. I opted for boneless because it is my preference and easier to eat.
- Dip the pork chops into buttermilk and then coat with flour. Creating a brine using buttermilk will produce crunchy, fried pork chops. If you would like to make pork chops with no breading, omit the flour.
- Place the pork chops in the air fryer.
- Air fry.
How to Fry Boneless Pork Chops
Boneless pork chops follow the same cook time as bone-in.
Cook Time/How Long to Cook
For really crispy pork chops you can cook them up to 20 minutes. If you prefer for your pork chops to be juicy, opt for lower cook time, such as 12-15 minutes in the Air Fryer.
Air Fryer Temperature
I like to fry them at 380 degrees.
Cook Time/How Long to Fry
After testing this recipe a few times, I prefer to cook the pork chops for around 20 minutes. This provides the perfect crunch for me. I pair my pork chops with Louisiana Hot Sauce or I eat them on toasted bread with mayo as a sandwich.
How to Reheat
I like to reheat leftover pork chops in the air fryer for 4-5 minutes on 400 degrees. Test how warm the pork chop is prior to serving.
Can You Stack Meat and Pork Chops in the Air Fryer
I do not recommend you stack the pork chops in the air fryer. It will limit the meat from cooking evenly and will result in longer cook times. Cook in batches if needed.
More Air Fryer Recipes:
Air Fryer Homemade Pop Tarts
Air Fryer Fried Shrimp Po Boy
Air Fryer Crab Cakes
Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks
Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Breaded Fried Chicken Wings
Air Fryer Parmesan Truffle Oil Fries
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries with Garlic Truffle Aioli
Air Fryer Sriracha Honey Bourbon Fried Chicken Wings
Air Fryer 3 Ingredient Fried Catfish
Air Fryer Bang Bang Panko Breaded Fried Shrimp
Air Fryer Apple Cinnamon Dessert Empanadas
Air Fryer Beef Taco Fried Egg Rolls
Pin this recipe for later here.
Air Fryer Fried Pork Chops
- Pat the pork chops dry.
- Season the pork chops with the seasoning salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the buttermilk over the pork chops.
- Place the pork chops in a Ziploc bag with the flour. Shake to fully coat.
- Marinate for 30 minutes. This step is optional. This helps the flour adhere to the pork chops.
- Place the pork chops in the air fryer. I do not recommend you stack. Cook in batches if necessary.
- Spray the pork chops with cooking oil.
- Cook the pork chops for 5 minutes at 380 degrees. Flip the pork chops over to the other side, cook for an additional 10 minutes or until crisp.
- Flip the pork chops over to the other side, cook for an additional 5-10 minutes or until crisp. Ensure the pork chops reach a minimum internal temperature of 140°F. Use a meat thermometer. Every air fryer will cook at varying speeds. Your cook time may vary. Be sure to test the meat.