I recently received an air fryer. I am ecstatic! You can expect to see a ton of recipes on the site. This air fryer is my saving grace for a couple of reasons. I LOVE fried food! But, I love my waist line even more and know that I can not consume fatty, fried foods regularly. I also HATE the way fried food lingers in my house after cooking. I feel like if I fry chicken wings, the smell lingers throughout the house for at least a week! I have opted to enjoy my fried food outside of the home for this reason. An air fryer helps combat this!
One Serving = 4 chicken wings: Calories: 303 Fat: 14G Net Carbs: 23G Protein: 18G
Here is a link to the Air Fryer that I use.
One of the most frustrating things about frying food is that you really don’t have an accurate way of calculating the macros. Typically, when you pan fry, you add oil to the pan and then you add the food you wish to fry. The food you fry does not soak up ALL of the oil in the pan. So it is extremely difficult to estimate and guess how much oil and fat is truly used.
For this recipe, I did not use any oil for frying. I used a small amount of coconut oil to coat the pan prior. The pan is non-stick, but I did not want to take any chances with food sticking to the pan. The absence of oil saves 248 calories and 28 grams of fat per serving in this recipe! The claims on the air fryer box say that on average air frying reduces fat by 80%.
With new appliances, I usually worry about whether the food will taste plastic because the appliance is so new. Upon removing the air fryer from the box, I let it run for 20 minutes on 400 degrees without any food. This should remove any first time tastes or smells. The chicken tastes amazing! So this definitely worked well.
Pin Me 🙂
More Air Fryer Recipes:
Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Breaded Chicken Wings
Air Fryer Beef Taco Fried Egg Rolls
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries with Garlic Truffle Aioli
Air Fryer Parmesan Truffle Oil Fries
Air Fryer 3 Ingredient Fried Catfish
Air Fryer Bang Bang Panko Breaded Fried Shrimp
Air Fryer Apple Cinnamon Dessert Empanadas
Air Fryer Sriracha Honey Bourbon Fried Chicken Wings
- 16 chicken wings drummettes (party wings)
- 1 tsp coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1/4 cup sriracha
- 2 tbsp bourbon
- McCormicks Grill Mates Chicken Seasoning to taste
- McCormicks Grill Mates Brown Sugar Bourbon Seasoning to taste
- pepper to taste
- Wash and pat dry the chicken. Drizzle the soy sauce over the chicken. Season the chicken with the seasonings. Place in a Ziploc bag and in the fridge to marinate for at least 30 minutes. I prefer overnight.
- Once the chicken has marinated, add the flour to a separate Ziploc bag.
- Pour the buttermilk into a bowl large enough to dunk the chicken. Coat each of the pieces of chicken with buttermilk and add it to the Ziploc bag with the flour. Shake to thoroughly coat the chicken.
- Use a cooking brush to coat the air fryer pan with the coconut oil.
- Using tongs, remove the chicken from the bag and place on the air fryer pan. It's ok to stack the chicken on top of each other.
- Set the timer on the air fryer for 20 minutes at a temperature of 400 degrees.
- Allow the chicken to cook for 5 minutes. Remove the pan and shake the chicken to ensure all of the pieces are fully cooked.
- Allow the chicken to cook and repeat the shaking every 5 minutes until the 20 minutes has passed.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking pan with foil. Spray with cooking spray.
- Mix the Sriracha, honey, and bourbon in a small bowl. Microwave for 15 seconds to dilute some.
- Spread the mixture over the chicken.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes until the sauce has set. Mine was ready around 7 minutes.
- Cool before serving.