Air Fryer Beef Taco Fried Egg Rolls are a quick and easy homemade spring rolls recipe that is perfect for weeknight dinners. You can make these egg rolls in your Nuwave, Power Air Fryer, or any brand. You can make fresh egg rolls or cook from frozen.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
This post was originally published in 2017 and has since been updated.
One Serving = 2 egg rolls Calories: 348 Fat: 11G Net Carbs: 38G Protein: 24G
Can you air fry egg rolls? Absolutely! You will love that you can make crispy, crunchy egg rolls without all of the grease!
This Air Fryer Beef Taco Fried Egg Rolls recipe is pretty much identical to my Beef Taco One-Skillet recipe. I just added egg roll wrappers! I have made egg rolls a couple of times before. I usually bake them instead of frying. I am so thankful that I can change that with the Air Fryer.
I usually do not cook weeknight dinners. I prep my meals on Sundays in advance so that I have more time to relax in the evenings. Now that I have an Air Fryer, that has changed. It has become so easy to whip up a quick dinner in 30 minutes to less than hour.
I came up with this recipe on a weeknight with plenty of time to spare in the evening.
How to Make and Cook Egg Rolls in an Air Fryer
- Brown ground beef in a skillet with garlic, onions, and taco seasoning.
- Add in diced tomatoes, beans, and corn.
- Lay egg roll wrappers on a flat surface and add the beef filling.
- To roll, close the wrapper diagonally, and then close the sides in as triangles. Use a cooking brush dipped in water, or wet hands to seal the wrapper. Do not overstuff these!
- Use your judgment and do a couple of test rolls to gauge how much filling to use.
- Air fry and serve!
How Long to Cook Egg Rolls in Air Fryer
Air fried egg rolls will need about 12 minutes of cook time. Flip the egg rolls at the 8-minute mark.
How Long to Cook Frozen Egg Rolls in Air Fryer
Air frying frozen egg rolls will take 16-20 minutes. Use your judgment and check in on the egg rolls throughout the cooking process.
How to Heat Up Egg Rolls in the Air Fryer and How to Keep Egg Rolls Crispy
You don’t want to reheat your egg rolls in the microwave. This will cause them to grow soft. Reheat the egg rolls using the same cook time temperature for 3-5 minutes. Use your judgment and test to ensure the inside of the egg rolls are warm.
Air Fryer Egg Rolls Recipe Tips:
- If you are looking to serve these as an appetizer, use less filling per egg roll. I prepared these for dinner. Two egg rolls made a very tasty entree.
- If you overstuff an egg roll use toothpicks along the edge to hold it together.
- Don’t have an Air Fryer? You can also bake the egg rolls using parchment paper on 425 degrees for 20 minutes.
Do not forget a dipping sauce for these. Salsa and guacamole work out well. Check out my recipe for homemade guac here.
Pin Me 🙂
More Air Fryer Recipes:
Air Fryer 3 Ingredient Fried Catfish
Air Fryer Sriracha Honey Bourbon Fried Chicken Wings
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries with Garlic Truffle Aioli
Air Fryer Parmesan Truffle Oil Fries
Air Fryer Beef Taco Fried Egg Rolls
- 1 pound 93% lean ground beef
- 16 egg roll wrappers I used Wing Hing brand
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 can Cilantro Lime Rotel
- 1/2 can fat-free refried black beans
- 1/2 packet Taco Seasoning I used Trader Joe's
- 1 cup reduced-fat shredded Mexican Cheese
- 1/2 cup whole kernel corn I used frozen
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp chopped cilantro optional
- Preheat Air Fryer to 400 degrees.
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray on medium-high heat. Add the garlic and onions. Cook until fragrant.
- Add the ground beef, salt, pepper, and taco seasoning. Cook until browned while breaking the beef into smaller chunks.
- Add the Rotel, beans, and corn. Stir to ensure the mixture is combined.
- Lay the egg roll wrappers on a flat surface. Dip a cooking brush in water. Glaze each of the egg roll wrappers with the wet brush along the edges. This will soften the crust and make it easier to roll.
- Load the mixture into each of the wrappers. For egg rolls of this size, double wrap them. This is optional. If you prefer not to double wrap, you will only need a total of 8 wrappers. Sprinkle each wrapper with cheese.
- Fold the wrappers diagonally to close. Press firmly on the area with the filling, cup it to secure it in place. Fold in the left and right sides as triangles. Fold the final layer over the top to close. Use the cooking brush to wet the area and secure it in place. Spray each egg roll with olive oil.
- Load the egg rolls into the pan of the Air Fryer.
- Cook for 8 minutes. Flip the egg rolls. Cook for an additional 4 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro. Cool before serving.