Air Fryer Beef Taco Fried Egg Rolls are a quick and easy homemade recipe the whole family will enjoy. Make a batch of these and then freeze the leftovers for later. These reheat perfectly and are a great appetizer that can also serve as a main dish.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This post was originally published in 2017 and has since been updated.
Can you air fry egg rolls? Absolutely! You will love that you can make crispy, crunchy egg rolls without all of the grease!
This Air Fryer Beef Taco Fried Egg Rolls recipe is pretty much identical to my Beef Taco One-Skillet recipe. I just added egg roll wrappers! I have made egg rolls a couple of times before. I usually bake them instead of frying. I am so thankful that I can change that with the Air Fryer.
I usually do not cook weeknight dinners. I prep my meals on Sundays in advance so that I have more time to relax in the evenings. Now that I have an Air Fryer, that has changed. It has become so easy to whip up a quick dinner in 30 minutes to less than hour.
I came up with this recipe on a weeknight with plenty of time to spare in the evening.
Which Egg Roll Wrappers Are Best
Nasoya wraps work great along with most brands that you can find in an authentic Asian market. I have trouble finding Nasoya at most of the stores in my area. I usually use what they have, which means I have used some pretty flimsy wrappers.
You will know right away when you remove them from the packaging if they are too thin and may require double wrapping.
How to Roll Egg Rolls
- Add 2 tablespoons of filling to the center of the wrapper. Do not overstuff, you will struggle with closing the wrapper.
- Seal the wrapper diagonally to form a triangle.
- Fold the opposite sides together to form another triangle and then roll to close and seal.
How to Make Egg Rolls in the Air Fryer
- Brown ground beef in a skillet with garlic, onions, and taco seasoning.
- Add in diced tomatoes, beans, and corn.
- Lay egg roll wrappers on a flat surface and add the beef filling.
- Close the egg rolls.
- Air fry and serve!
Cook Time/How Long to Cook
Air fried egg rolls will need about 12 minutes of cook time. Flip the egg rolls at the 8-minute mark.
I like to freeze these in sealable bags to save leftovers for later. To reheat use the air fryer and heat the rolls on 350 degrees for 5-6 minutes.
How to Reheat and Keep them Crispy
You don’t want to reheat your egg rolls in the microwave. This will cause them to grow soft. Reheat the egg rolls using the same cook time temperature for 3-5 minutes. Use your judgment and test to ensure the inside of the egg rolls are warm.
Substitution Tip and Other Things to Stuff in Egg Rolls
- Ground Pork
- Cooked Eggs
Air Fryer Egg Rolls Recipe Tips:
- If you are looking to serve these as an appetizer, use less filling per egg roll. I prepared these for dinner. Two egg rolls made a very tasty entree.
- If you overstuff an egg roll use toothpicks along the edge to hold it together.
- Don’t have an Air Fryer? You can also bake the egg rolls using parchment paper on 425 degrees for 20 minutes.
More Air Fryer Recipes
More Taco Recipes
Click here for a complete listing of Air Fryer Recipes.
Air Fryer Beef Taco Fried Egg Rolls
- 1 pound ground beef
- 16 egg roll wrappers I used Wing Hing brand
- 1/2 cup chopped onion I used red onion.
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 16 oz can diced tomatoes and chillies I used Mexican Rotel.
- 8 oz refried black beans I used fat free and 1/2 of a 16oz can.
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- 1/2 cup whole kernel corn I used frozen
- cooking oil spray
- Add the ground beef to a skillet on medium high heat along with the salt, pepper, and the taco seasoning. Cook until browned while breaking the beef into smaller chunks.
- Once the meat as started to brown add the chopped onions and garlic. Cook until the onions become fragrant.
- Add the diced tomatoes and chilis, Mexican cheese, beans, and corn. Stir to ensure the mixture is combined.
- Lay the egg roll wrappers on a flat surface. Dip a cooking brush in water. Glaze each of the egg roll wrappers with the wet brush along the edges. This will soften the crust and make it easier to roll.
- Load 2 tablespoons of the mixture into each of the wrappers. Do not overstuff. Depending on the brand of egg roll wrappers you use, you may need to double wrap the egg rolls.
- Fold the wrappers diagonally to close. Press firmly on the area with the filling, cup it to secure it in place. Fold in the left and right sides as triangles. Fold the final layer over the top to close. Use the cooking brush to wet the area and secure it in place.
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking oil.
- Load the egg rolls into the basket of the Air Fryer. Spray each egg roll with cooking oil.
- Cook for 8 minutes on 400 degrees. Flip the egg rolls. Cook for an additional 4 minutes or until browned and crisp.