Air Fryer Vegetarian Southwestern Egg Rolls with Avocado Ranch is a quick and easy healthy recipe that rivals Chili’s Tex Mex Southwestern Egg Rolls Recipe. These crispy, crunchy rolls are loaded with black beans, corn, diced tomatoes, red onions, and cilantro. The creamy dipping sauce is loaded with flavor!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
Calories: 265 Fat: 3G Net Carbs: 39G Protein: 11G
If you love egg rolls, you should try my Beef Taco Egg Rolls as well!
Here is a link to the Air Fryer used in this recipe.
A lot of restaurants have variations of Tex Mex egg rolls on their menus. Two that stick out to me are Chili’s and The Cheesecake Factory. If you loved those egg rolls, then keep scrolling, and check out my latest experiment.
I love fresh ingredients! I also really like colorful food. You may take one look at that recipe card below and run for the hills because the ingredient list looks long. WAIT! A lot of the ingredients are totally optional.
Obviously, omit the things that you do not like. If you are strapped for time and need a recipe with just a handful of ingredients, cut out the items that you aren’t married to! OR….if you love color apps like I do, leave them in. You will love them!
Fold the wrappers diagonally to close. Press firmly on the area with the filling, cup it to secure it in place. Fold in the left and right sides as triangles. Fold the final layer over the top to close. Use the cooking brush to wet the area and secure it in place.
If you have never rolled an egg roll before, your first one may look like a practice roll. Don’t worry, you will get better with the second one.
The recipe ingredient list does not include jalapenos. I used Trader Joe’s Taco Seasoning for this recipe. It already has a spicy kick to it. Feel free to do as you wish. If you want spice, go for the jalapenos! Add them to the skillet when you add the multi-colored peppers.
This avocado ranch dipping sauce may be the best sauce I have come up with to date. I also love how quick and easy it is to make. Avocado is loaded with monounsaturated fat. That is the GOOD FAT. The avocado actually accounts for a chunk of the calories and fat noted in the macros above. Keep in mind, it’s good for you. 🙂
I often substitute sour cream for plain, non-fat Greek yogurt. It also adds additional protein!
If you need more tips on How To Roll Egg Rolls check out this post.
If you need tips on How To Freeze Egg Rolls for future use. Check out this post.
More Air Fryer Recipes:
Air Fryer Homemade Pop Tarts
Air Fryer Southern Style Pork Chops
Air Fryer Fried Shrimp Po Boy
Air Fryer Old Bay Crab Cakes
Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks
Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Breaded Fried Chicken Wings
Air Fryer Parmesan Truffle Oil Fries
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries with Garlic Truffle Aioli
Air Fryer Sriracha Honey Bourbon Fried Chicken Wings
Air Fryer 3 Ingredient Fried Catfish
Air Fryer Bang Bang Panko Breaded Fried Shrimp
Air Fryer Apple Cinnamon Dessert Empanadas
Air Fryer Beef Taco Fried Egg Rolls
Helpful tools and ingredients for this recipe:
Pin this recipe for later here.
Air Fryer Vegetarian Southwestern Egg Rolls with Avocado Ranch
- 1/4 red onion chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves chopped
- 16 egg roll wrappers
- 1/2 red pepper chopped
- 1/2 yellow pepper chopped
- 1/2 orange pepper chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese I used sharp cheddar
- 8 oz low-sodium black beans (drained)
- 1 can diced tomatoes and chilis (drained) I used Rotel
- 1 cup frozen kernel corn
- 2 teaspoons cilantro chopped
- 1/2 lime juice of
- 1/4 packet Taco Seasoning I used Trader Joe's
- cooking oil
- cup of water
Avocado Ranch Dip
- 8 oz sour cream I used fat-free
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 packet Hidden Valley Ranch Dip Seasoning
- Heat a skillet on medium-high heat. Add the garlic and onions. Cook for 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
- Add all of the peppers to the skillet. Mix well. Cook for 1-2 minutes
- Add the black beans, corn, tomatoes, and cheese. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Drizzle the fresh lime juice throughout. Add the cilantro and taco seasoning. Stir.
- Lay the egg roll wrappers on a flat surface. Dip a cooking brush in water. Glaze each of the egg roll wrappers with the wet brush along the edges. This will soften the crust and make it easier to roll.
- Use 2 egg rolls for each. I chose to double roll the egg rolls to prevent them from leaking. If the brand of egg roll wrappers you purchased is pretty thick, you may only need one wrapper and no need to double up.
- Load the mixture into each of the wrappers.
- Fold the wrappers diagonally to close. Press firmly on the area with the filling, cup it to secure it in place. Fold in the left and right sides as triangles. Fold the final layer over the top to close. Use the cooking brush to wet the area and secure it in place. Spray each egg roll with cooking oil.
- Load the egg rolls into the pan of the Air Fryer. Spray with cooking oil.
- Cook for 8 minutes at 380 degrees. Flip the egg rolls. Cook for an additional 4 minutes. Cool before serving.
Avocado Ranch Dip
- Peel the avocado and remove the pit. Mash the avocado in a bowl. I like to use a potato masher.
- Add the sour cream and ranch seasoning. Stir well to combine.