Easy Air Fryer Southwestern Egg Rolls is a quick and healthy recipe. The instructions include a tutorial for how long to cook frozen egg rolls and temperature. This vegetarian appetizer rivals Chili’s Tex Mex Southwestern Egg Rolls Recipe. The crispy, crunchy rolls are loaded with black beans, corn, diced tomatoes, red onions, and cilantro.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualified purchased. Please read my full disclosure here.
FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS AND COMPREHENSIVE INSTRUCTIONS, PLEASE SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END OF THIS POST. BEFORE YOU SCROLL, THERE’S IMPORTANT INFORMATION IN THIS BLOG POST.
If you love egg rolls, you should try my Beef Taco Egg Rolls as well!
A lot of restaurants have variations of Tex Mex egg rolls on their menus. Two that stick out to me are Chili’s and The Cheesecake Factory. If you loved those egg rolls, then keep scrolling, and check out my latest experiment.
How to Fold Egg Roll Wrappers
- Fold the wrappers diagonally to close.
- Press firmly on the area with the filling, cup it to secure it in place. Fold in the left and right sides as triangles.
- Fold the final layer over the top to close. Use the cooking brush to wet the area and secure it in place.
How to Make Air Fryer Egg Rolls
- Load the egg roll wrapper with veggies and seasoning.
- Follow the instructions above for how to fold and seal the wrapper.
- Place the egg rolls into the air fry basket. Do not overcrowd the basket. Cook in batches if necessary.
- Spray the egg rolls with cooking oil spray.
- Air fry.
Air Fryer Temperature
I like to use 380 degrees.
I like to cook the rolls for 12 minutes total, flipping after 8 minutes.
How to Keep Egg Rolls Crispy
Use oil to spray the rolls and always reheat them in the air fryer. That will keep them crisp.
How Long to Cook Frozen Egg Rolls
Frozen egg rolls typically need 15 minutes to cook on 380 degrees.
Avocado Ranch Dipping Sauce
This avocado ranch dipping sauce may be the best sauce I have come up with to date. I also love how quick and easy it is to make.
Avocado is loaded with monounsaturated fat. That is the GOOD FAT. The avocado actually accounts for a chunk of the calories and fat noted in the macros above. Keep in mind, it’s good for you. 🙂
Can You Reheat Egg Rolls in an Air Fryer?
Absolutely. If your air fryer comes with a reheat button, you can use that. If not, I like to use 350 degrees for 3-4 minutes. Adjust the timing if necessary.
Egg Roll Recipe Tips
- If you have never rolled an egg roll before, your first one may look like a practice roll. Don’t worry, you will get better with the second one.
- The recipe ingredient list does not include jalapenos. I used Trader Joe’s Taco Seasoning for this recipe. It already has a spicy kick to it. Feel free to do as you wish. If you want spice, go for the jalapenos! Add them to the skillet when you add the multi-colored peppers.
- I often substitute sour cream for plain, non-fat Greek yogurt. It also adds additional protein!
If you need more tips on How To Roll Egg Rolls check out this post.
If you need tips on How To Freeze Egg Rolls for future use. Check out this post.
Air Fryer Appetizer Recipes
Click here for a complete listing of Air Fryer Recipes.
Popular Air Fryer Recipes
Helpful tools and ingredients for this recipe:
Pin this recipe for later here.
Air Fryer Vegetarian Southwestern Egg Rolls with Avocado Ranch
- 1/4 red onion chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves chopped
- 16 egg roll wrappers
- 1/2 red pepper chopped
- 1/2 yellow pepper chopped
- 1/2 orange pepper chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese I used sharp cheddar
- 8 oz low-sodium black beans (drained)
- 1 can diced tomatoes and chilis (drained) I used Rotel
- 1 cup frozen kernel corn
- 2 teaspoons cilantro chopped
- 1/2 lime juice of
- 1/4 packet Taco Seasoning I used Trader Joe’s
- cooking oil
- cup of water
Avocado Ranch Dip
- 8 oz sour cream I used fat-free
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 packet Hidden Valley Ranch Dip Seasoning
- Heat a skillet on medium-high heat. Add the garlic and onions. Cook for 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
- Add all of the peppers to the skillet. Mix well. Cook for 1-2 minutes
- Add the black beans, corn, tomatoes, and cheese. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Drizzle the fresh lime juice throughout. Add the cilantro and taco seasoning. Stir.
- Lay the egg roll wrappers on a flat surface. Dip a cooking brush in water. Glaze each of the egg roll wrappers with the wet brush along the edges. This will soften the crust and make it easier to roll.
- Use 2 egg rolls for each. I chose to double roll the egg rolls to prevent them from leaking. If the brand of egg roll wrappers you purchased is pretty thick, you may only need one wrapper and no need to double up.
- Load the mixture into each of the wrappers.
- Fold the wrappers diagonally to close. Press firmly on the area with the filling, cup it to secure it in place. Fold in the left and right sides as triangles. Fold the final layer over the top to close. Use the cooking brush to wet the area and secure it in place. Spray each egg roll with cooking oil.
- Load the egg rolls into the pan of the Air Fryer. Spray with cooking oil.
- Cook for 8 minutes at 380 degrees. Flip the egg rolls. Cook for an additional 4 minutes. Cool before serving.
Avocado Ranch Dip
- Peel the avocado and remove the pit. Mash the avocado in a bowl. I like to use a potato masher.
- Add the sour cream and ranch seasoning. Stir well to combine.